Chapter 3: The Final Showdown!

Christmas Day, 2015. I came back from seeing Rare, when my brother was waiting for me. Quil looked me in the eye with the look of hatred. Quil then said to me, "How dare you? Why do you appreciate that old man of ours? He is nothing more than a criminal who deserves death! I was hoping to get you to see the truth so we could combine our efforts to kill him once and for all! But no, you had to ally with him, didn't you? What's so great about someone who kills for fun!?" I immediately snapped at him, "He is not a killer! Father was a hero and I will succeed him in protecting the world! That's what he did. Yeah he enjoys killing, and is completely insane, but nonetheless, he did good things for this world!" Quil responded, "Oh you would think so, wouldn't you? The world would be better off without him! You ad I do not need to end our brotherhood this way, but you leave me no other choice! You will die today as Father will tomorrow!" He got into a fighting stance as I did, and he shouted: "Have at you, brother!" Quil pulled out a knife and cut my arm, I grab his and I used Dad's training to help me disarm him. I shot a Fire Blast to melt the knife, rendering it useless. Quil and I have a one-on-one fist fight, trading blow for blow. He tripped me and grabbed me, carrying me to the roof of the house. We continued fighting on the roof after I managed to break free from his grasp. I punched him in the eye, which bruised it badly. I continued punching him as he punched me. I knocked a tooth out of him, which he spit out with some blood. He looked at me and said "Not bad for my little brother! Such a shame I must end you, such a worthy adversary!" He swung at me as I dodged, but I grew tired as he grabbed me and carried me to the edge of the roof, about to end my life. I broke free at the last second, and he stared me down. "You're prolonging the inevitable, brother!" He yelled. "Accept your fate and this can end now!" I fought for my life, but he continuously hit me over and over. He grabbed me a second time and yelled to me "You're not getting away this time! I will see you in Hell, Lava!" Just as he prepared to throw me to my doom, My vision turned red. I was filled with a rage unlike any I have ever felt! I wasn't evolving, so I myself didn't know what was happening. The flames erupting from my head and back burned vigorously, flames turned green, my fur spiked up! My eyes turned red and the air around me heated up to the point everything that touched me went up in flames. I used this new-found ability to break free again, grab Quil and throw him off the building, and he let out a final scream, "Lava!!!!!!" He fell 2 stories and landed on the solid concrete headfirst. He landed on the very permanent injury that incapacitated him when he fought my father. When I came to, I was back to normal, and I saw the damage I had done. I saw Quil's corpse on the concrete driveway, blood oozing from the back of his head. The deed had been done. I looked at Quil and said to myself "Why, Quil? Why did it have to end this way? You were my brother, I loved you! You forced me to take your life!" I heard someone climbing to the top of the roof, and I braced myself for the worst. The tall, mighty, and ancient Typhlosion who appeared was none other than my own father himself. He knew that things would end the way it did, and he said to me "Son, I'm very sorry about your brother. He hated me because he saw me as a criminal." I asked my dad "He's not right, is he? I talked to a Porygon2 who claimed to know you, and he said a lot about you, and even said that you did turn for the worse! Have I been led to believe a lie this whole time?" My father shed a tear as he confessed the truth. While he did save the world back when he was younger, he told me he was addicted to violence and killing. He told me that he couldn't help himself but to find any excuse he could to cause war. He asked me about the Porygon2, "Sir Rareware and I knew each other for a long time. We fought together when I was still growing up. He taught me in his ways of violence. Murder was what he really taught me. I never knew anything else in my life when growing up. Quil lived a life of resentment and hatred, all because of my addiction for killing. He wanted to defeat me to become better than me. Little did he know he was headed down the same path I went. Son, promise me when I teach you my ways of fighting, not to go down the path I took, but only for justice and for the good of the people in this world." I promised him I would be responsible with how I use his teachings. My dad told me "You put Quil out of his misery. He will never again be forced to live the life I created for him. Rest easy, Lava. It was for the best that Quil had to die. We will mourn your brother's death for the next few days. Come 2016, and we will continue your training until either you master the skills I will teach you, or I get too old to train you. I hope the former occurs, and I look forward to seeing progress in you. You are my son, and you will be my legacy." I told my father, "I am ready for whatever you throw at me, Father."