Scavanging

Today I didn't have a choice, but to go above ground. It's been a month since the boys' birthday and we have ran low on food. Really low.

Although Nichole has helped us as much as she could, I feel that I need to provide for the turtles as well. Any way that I can. Which, today, includes sneaking into a wear house hopefully full of excess food. Nichole had pointed me in this direction.

She said that it was for some fortune cookie company and they rarely used this specific factory, so they probably won't notice if I take anything from here.

I hope.

Determined not to return to the sewers empty handed, I sneak into the factory.

Hear goes everything.

All the lights are off with the black figures of various boxes and crates sticking out everywhere.

There is a cat statue in the centre of the large room. A fairly big one.

It looks comical with short stubby ears that nearly touch the ceiling, a wide bright smile between its obviously sticking out whiskers, and one paw in the air playfully.

I recognize the cat from gift shops and other places in Japan, but the name of it fails to come to mind.

I chuckle at the Japanese creature then refocus on the task.

Checking every box, crate, and corner of the factory I soon find out how difficult it is to get what I came for. Most of the boxes only have fortune cookies, which are food, I suppose, but alternately useless.

I sigh and grab a small box filled with the crunchy treats.

At least it's something.

Just before leaving disappointed, a sudden flash of light catches my eye and a silhouette stands in the doorway to the factory entrance.

My eyes widen and I scramble to the nearest crate for cover.

More figures pear behind the first and they walk into the room, slamming the door behind them.

The light of there flashlights shine down the isles. Their voices mixed together with the stomping of their boots motivates me to stay silent.

"I don't see any thing , you idiot," one of the voices says roughly.

"I'm tellin' ya. I heard something pokin' around back here," another voice replies.

"Well, there ain't nothin' here, so let's go back."

"Fine, whatever."

With that, the voices dissolve into the darkness as they exit the factory.

I sigh in relief and look up at the open window high above the ceiling. Since I cannot go out the way I came, without risking being seen by the men, the window is my only option.

With a series of quiet back flips I ascend the towering walls, then head home to bring the boys back what I scavenged.

A/N:

Hey people, it's me again, sorry this may not seem like much of a chapter and that it's short. I promise I've got plans for this book. I'm not punishing just random stuff to pacify you. Okay, maybe I am improvising a little :) any way try to bear with me.
Alrighty then, that's all I got for ya!
Thanks for reading <3
Vote, comment, ect...

Bye :D