Henry and Sean: Something You Can't Regift

Dec. 12, 2015
We held a Secret Santa at Helen's house. Her parents would be out of town for the weekend so she could have a couple friends over. The only thing I got was an album I never knew of, from this girl named Gina. Helen had screamed as if being chased by a murderer when I showed her my gift and immediately hung it up in her room. I had tuned out the rest of the time.

Dec. 18, 2015
I HAVE TOO MANY PROJECTS AND TESTS COMING UP. FINALS ARE COMING UP AND I AM TOO STRESSED. At least break is coming up. Henry is meeting the family for dinner Thursday and staying for break somehow. I think his parents are going on a cruise with his sister. He's so sweet for being willing to stay with me while his family is on a luxurious cruise ship.

Dec. 20, 2015
It's break! I need to go shopping later with Henry for some presents. I was thinking of a promise necklace for Henry. It's our one month anniversary soon so I decided to get him one.

I think he saw his gift already. It's a simple golden locket but with "I love you" written in different languages. Off the top of my head I can remember: Te amo, Je t'aime, Mahal kita, and of course I love you.

Dec. 23, 2015
Henry has been sleeping in my room for break. He thinks he looks so smooth looking for his gift without being suspicious. I can't blame him, I've been doing the same thing looking for his gift.

Dec. 24, 2015
Today is the day. Everyone's traditions are different but in our house hold we unwrap presents the 24th, usually after dinner. I'm going to write everything down while it happens when it's time to open gifts.

As my little sister opens her gift, excitement fills her eyes. She unwraps an iPhone. She may be young but behold, a twist of events. As she opens the box, she finds that the only contents are a pair of socks. Better luck next year. It's my brother's turn next. He received the present with unwanted aid, from Henry. We worked hard to find out what he had wanted. Constant snooping while he was at work, going through his history and finding uncalled for searches. It has been done. A book, but not an ordinary book. He's been keeping an eye on this one. It's the first edition too. He looks at me with joy filled eyes, barely holding back tears, as I write down the details.

"Your turn," Henry tells me, "but not from me." He points to my parents as they hand me a small box. Unwrapping as if my life depended on it, I tore it open. Inside was...I can't possibly explain it in words. All I could muster was a barely audible, "thank you."

As presents were passed family member to member, it was time to bombard Henry with gifts. I had gone last, retrieving my gift to him. He opened it and asked me to help him put it on. "I love it." His lips brushing against mine.

Dec. 26, 2015
Sales, sales, sales galore. It's beginning to look a lot like corporations trying in a desperate attempt to get more money. It doesn't have the same ring to it, does it. I'm going to go ambush Henry later.

Dec. 30, 2015
News has reached us that Henry's mom is sick. Not just the slight cough or fever but some sort of disease. He's been in my room crying silently for the past hour. I can't stand to see him like this but I can't leave him there alone for too long. My good friend Jamie told me some advice, but it hasn't really been useful.

Dec. 31/ Jan. 1
He managed to lighten up a little. He says I shouldn't worry about this and this is just temporary, but I've used those words before. They're the same ones hiding something, barely below the surface. He's going back home tomorrow since the family is coming back.

Jan. 6, 2015
School has started again. Not much to say really. Henry's mom is in intensive care for the time being. He told me it's worse than they thought, in between sobs. I've been keeping an eye on him since he's been distracted. Finals are right around the corner too.

****
The plot thickens! I still can't believe this was started on just a dare. Who knows where this will go next! Maybe a main character having multiple suitors, competing for one's own attention.