Chapter 32: Biological Father?

A few weeks have passed and things were okay. Everyone was getting ready to study for finals so; Sam, Cole and I decided to have a study group for the subjects we share. One evening right after we finished study and Sam leaving, someone else showed up on my doorstep. "Hey Carter, what are you doing here?" I asked confusedly. He seemed out of breath like he ran to my house from his. "Can we talk?" He says after he was caught up with his breath. "Okay, just hold on a sec." I said then running back in the house, "Mom, dad I'm going for a walk!" "Now? When its almost dinner?" Mom asks from the kitchen. "I wont take long! Promise!!" I yelled while wearing my shoes and running back to the front door.

"I found out who my parents are." He blurted out once we started walking. "Wait, what? How? It has only been a few weeks." "Well, my mother decided to help me find who my real parents are and called the agency. They immediately sent her an email of the registered mail address, phone number and email so we can be able to contact them." "And?" "And that's it." "What do you know so far?" "They live in Miami my biological father's name is Adam Park and my mother's Eleanor Patterson but she..." I look ever to him and saw a sadness that filled his eyes then he continues, "She passed away a year after she gave birth to me." "Oh Carter, I'm so sorry" I said holding his hand. He tightens for a second then loosens it. "Anyways, that's about it. I'm thinking of sending him an email and see if he wants to meet me." "Carter..." I said stopping us from walking. I looked into his eyes and asked, "Are you sure you're ready to meet your biological father? I mean you just found out your mom isn't your actual mother." He looks down for a second like he was rethinking this whole situation but then he looks up and I saw his determined look in his eyes and I knew what he was going to say next, "Yes... I think I am." He then continues, "This is my only chance to actually meet my real biological living father. I will not waste it." And with that, the following day, I helped Carter with the email he was going to send to his biological father.

The day after Carter sends the email, he gets a reply. "Take a deep breath and open it," I said and reached for his hand. He turned to look at me and I could see how nervous he was. "What if... he doesn't want anything to do with me?" He says with his voice shaking. "But what if he does? Carter, whatever is going to happen, we will deal with it together. You and me always, right?" He nods and says, "right." He took a deep breath in and looked back at his phone. He held my hand tighter as he pressed on the email and started reading it. "Oh my god." He says and I didn't know what that meant and his face wasn't giving anything away. "Kat, he wants to meet me! He's inviting me to come and meet the rest of his family." The smile on Carter's face and the way his eyes were bright with enthusiasm. "Oh my god, that's amazing!" I said as excitedly as he was and I instantly pulled him into a tight hug. I knew how much it meant to him to finally meet his real father. "Did he say when he wanted to meet you?" I asked after pulling away. "Soon, he said call me so we can arrange something here in LA." "Oh my god, it's finally happening Carter!" I said with tears in my eyes. I don't know why I was getting emotional but oh well. Carter was glowing and I couldn't help but smile as he lay on his back on the grass and kept repeating, "I can't believe it."