16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

.

.

.

It was as if fate wanted them together. Seven hours before the One Direction concert at the Staples Center, Anna's best friend had asked her to go with her to the show, since she was visiting from Michigan. Anna didn't want to, especially not after finding out she had been texting one of the members for about eight months now.

"Anna, please, you have to!" Kendall insisted as she rummaged through her closet to try and find something for Anna to wear.

(A/N: no, it's NOT Kendall Jenner)

"Kenny, I really don't want to," Anna whined, dropping her phone on her bed after seeing that Louis really was done texting her for the night, because of rehearsals, she assumed. She tried not to let her expression give away how upset that made her, even though she knew he wasn't ignoring her.

"Please?" She begged, puppy-dog eyes and everything.

Anna could not resist puppy-dog eyes from anyone, especially her best friend who had been getting her to do things she didn't want to do with them since they were babies. "Fine," she groaned.

Kendall squealed, jumping up and down excitedly.

Anna was feeling a bit nervous about all of this. Kendall said the seats were kind of close to the stage, but Anna didn't know how close. What if Louis saw her? She didn't know what she'd do or how she'd explain this to her best friend.

...

The concert rolled around and before the girls knew it, they were entering the venue and heading to their seats; second row. It was crazy. There was no way Louis wouldn't see Anna.

As people filed in and got settled, the lights began to dim and the first song blared through the speakers. The boys rushed out, making crazy dance moves and asking everyone to be as loud as they possibly could, making promises about how this would be the best night of their lives.

It wasn't until Little Things, when the boys were seated on steps relatively close to the front rows, that Louis' eyes locked with Anna's. He stopped singing, his mouth agape and his eyes wide in shock. He quickly ran off backstage, making Anna feel terrible.

Great, she thought, I've scared him off.

When Louis returned, he was all smiles, but didn't make eye contact with Anna at all, which made her nervous. Was he upset with her? Did she do something wrong?

She should have declined Kendall's offer and resisted the puppy-dog eyes.

The show ended and, as they were leaving, Anna and Kendall were pulled aside by a security guard.

"Are we in some kind of trouble?" Kendall asked nervously.

"No, not at all," the guard reassured her with a light smile. "But Louis wanted me to bring you back to meet him."

"Me?!" Kendall squealed in excitement and Anna's face fell; it wasn't for Kendall, it was for her.

"No.." the guard said slowly, gesturing to Anna. "Her."