The Three Tasks

Chapter One- An Introduction

Not everybody wakes up daily because a hundred and ten pound girl is jumping on their bed. Then again, not everybody is a witch or wizard.

“Lidia is it really necessary to wake me up, every day by jumping on top of me! Have you ever thought of being considerate?” I know it was rude to snap at my best friend like that, but what can I say I am not a morning person.

“Scaaarlet,” that’s me; at least that’s what people call me, “being ‘considerate’ is not any fun. You of all people should know that. Miss ‘I never got a prefect badge, but I can still have all the privileges’”.

“Lidia, captains of the house Quidditch teams do get those abilities.”

“I know that! But you’ve done that long before you had your captain’s pin.”

“What can I say I am a genius?” My cockiness was then rewarded with a pillow thrown onto my face.

“Can’t argue with that. Now come on, my dad’s going to come up here in five minutes telling us how we need to leave as soon as possible to catch the train.” By train I knew that Lidia meant the Hogwarts Express. Yes I and Lidia were students of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Personally I wanted to go to Pigfarts, but my rocket wasn’t built in time.

“Lidia thank god I can use magic now to pack my trunk, or else we would surely miss the Express.”

“The bad part about it is that you only had another day until we could use magic freely again. You’re such a youngin’”. Me being so young was definitely true my birthday was the day before the school term started again, kind of a disappointment knowing my freedom of wizard laws was only limited to one day. But that sure as hell did not mean that I wanted to put Hogwarts of another day. I actually met Lidia six years ago on the Hogwarts Express, so this was kind of the anniversary of our friendship.

Five minutes later I final got out of the bed and began stretching, only to be interrupted a minute into it by Lidia’s mother Hannah. “Lidia, Scarlet we are leaving in five minutes so get dressed, and bring down your trunks”. Hannah was one of the sweetest persons I know, her and Neville (Lidia’s father and her husband) lived a top of the Leaky Cauldron, a topic at Hogwarts which was considered cool about Professor Longbottom. Yes, Hannah’s dad was a professor at Hogwarts, and shockingly she wasn’t embarrassed at all like I would have been if it was my father. But then again my dad died ages ago so if he was teaching it would probably be as boring as Professor Binn’s classes.

Popping out of my thoughts I quickly got dressed then finished packing my trunk by waving my wand and muttering, “Pack”. I think that it is kind of funny how what you say to pack things is actually ‘pack’, and then there are the other spells that sound nothing like what they actually do. When the last pair of socks folded itself I closed the trunk and pick it up only to see Lidia struggling with hers.

“Honestly, Scarlet I have no idea how you manage to do these household spells so perfectly.”

“Lids, I just have the magic touch.”

Lidia scoffed at the way I said magic and responded, “You and your puns”. It’s not my fault that I love puns and word that are that same forwards and backwards I just think they are interesting.

To her dislike of my puns I crossed my arms and told her, “Fine Lidia I won’t pack your trunk too.” Seconds later her mother called us saying that we were leaving now. Lidia was begging for my help in seconds, and me being the nice person I am pointed my wand at the trunk and said, “Pack”.