In With a Bang (of the head)

As usual Kings Cross Station was grey and foggy on the outside evidence that a rainstorm was soon to come.  But I knew that when I passed through the third pole between Platforms Nine and Ten that I would be surrounded by a warm atmosphere, and because of that I couldn’t wait to finally begin the actual journey back to Hogwarts. But unfortunately as this was my seventh year at Hogwarts this would be the last train ride I would be taking on the First of September back to school.

Platform Nine and Three Quarters was exactly how it had been for the past six years on the first of September, bursting with life. I hurt me to imagine what it looked like throughout the year because I didn’t know any one of its uses besides being the home for the Hogwarts Express. Speaking of the Hogwarts Express I could already see it despite the large crowds of people. It wasn’t exactly difficult to spot the massive train seeing as it was painted bright red.

The train though was not the only thing I was looking for; there was also Amanda Everheart, the third person who completed our trio. I personally thought that our trio was the trio of all trios; we had a pureblood (me), a muggle born (Amanda), and a half-blood (Lidia). The smart ass, the teacher’s pet, and the bubbly one. The blonde, the redhead, and the brunette.  And then there was a fact that we were just plain awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lidia and I were the first to meet, but we met Scarlet the same day. MY family was dead then so they had a teacher from Hogwarts come and pick me up at my house, since in this lifetime I was only eleven and could not drive a car by myself, legally. Lidia’s father Neville Longbottom was the person they sent since he lived in London and was sending his daughter off to Hogwarts too. After my belongings were packed into the trunk of the car I opened one of the backseat passenger doors, only to find Lidia sitting there. Thankfully Lidia scooted over in her seat because she noticed how I was struggling with the bird cage that held my phoenix, Neiguex. Apparently Neiguex was extremely interesting because during the drive to King’s Cross Station her eyes never left the phoenix.

As soon as we were on Platform Nine and Three Quarters, I thanked them for driving me to the station, but before I could make my mistake Neville asked for a word. Of course I knew what he was going to say, how difficult it was for me to be able to go to the school despite being pureblood, how he expected me to stay out of trouble, and how during the holidays I was to stay at Hogwarts or sound my time with Ministry Officials. I had heard that speech plenty of times before it was permanent in my memory. So instead of actually listening to him I blanked my mind and searched the crowds for cute boys, unfortunately the only moderately attractive ones seemed to be third years.

After ‘listening’ to what Mr. Longbottom had to say I got up and left to catch the train, leaving without a goodbye or a hug. It was easier that way, it had kept me from getting attached to the people who chauffeured me around. I stepped into the train seconds before it began moving, it was sickening how the train lurched forward without my stomach expecting it, as if there was only water in it. As I walked through the train corridors I noticed all the compartments were full, actually all but one. Lidia Longbottom and a red haired girl she had probably just met were in that compartment, and because of the speed talking abilities they barely  noticed me opening the door to enter. I say barely because as soon as I let go of the door so I could step through the opening, it slammed onto the wood frame, causing them to turn their heads in my direction.

“Um. Hi I’m Scarlet.”, can you blame me for starting off with an ‘um’ I was terrified.

Lidia was the first to get over the shock of the door slam and said, “Yeah  I remember my family picked you up from that skyscraper. By the way Scarlet, I’m Lidia and this,” she pointed to the other girl, “is  Amanda.”