Four Months Ago [E D I T E D]

*4 Months ago

'Oh my gosh, Jason is so cute!'

That came from Haley, a friend of mine. She was currently texting me since she was sick and was stuck in her bed back at home. Me, on the other hand, was at school. It was lunch time, and I had nothing better to do than to listen to my excited friend. Something told me she was watching one of MinecraftUniverse's recent videos. 'Oh really? Then send me the video.'

She instantly sent me a link to it. I watched it, and I had to admit, he was pretty good looking. But I didn't have a really great reaction since I was bored out of my mind.

'So, what do you think beau?'

'Not bad, not bad.'

'See? I told you.'

I rolled my eyes and continued eating my sandwich as I scrolled through our earlier conversations. That was until I scrolled back down and saw, 'OMG ALEX HELP'.

'Help with what?' Confused and nervous, I put away my phone when she never texted back. I was in deep thought until a teacher ran in - screaming so loud that his voice echoed throughout the whole lunchroom.

My eyes widened in horror when seeing him getting mauled by a creature that caught up with him. "I-It can't be. . ." I heard someone whimper behind me.

"A ZOMBIE!"

And with that, all hell broke loose.

People ran around mindlessly and in fear, while I stood there - paralyzed with anxiety. I snapped out of my thoughts when seeing that more entered from where the first one came from, and I got ahold of the closest friend by the arm. Sofie, a friend of mine, gasped as I dragged her out of the lunch room and past the zombie.

'Where do I go where do I go. . .' I looked around until the bathrooms came into view. We entered quickly and that's where Sofie yanked her arm away from my grasp, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

I blinked in confusion, "Wha-?"

"HOW CAN YOU JUST WALK PAST THAT. . . THAT THING!" Her voice echoed, making me cringe.

"Because it was slow! Didn't you see it? It was dragging it's leg." I hissed in annoyance.

"B-But- you know what, whatever. You're fucking crazy." Sofie glared at me. "Now what do we do genius?"

"We find a way to evade them." I answered as I walked out with Sofie scrambling after me. I halted when seeing that the undead were walking towards our direction.

Sofie screeched, "WHEN DID THEY GET HERE?"

I stared at her, "Shut the hell-"

"No, YOU SHUT UP! I don't know about you, but I'm leaving!" With that, she started sprinting towards the side of the mob. I looked away once I heard her screams of terror and the tearing of flesh. Having no other choice, I got ahold of a cabinet from the nearest classroom and threw it at the window; crashing it.

I stepped over the glass and ran outside - not looking back once.