Chapter 2

Eclipse's POV

Where on earth is that dragon?! I've search everywhere for her. If I don't find her on this island, I'm going to look for someone else. I dove on to the island and it seemed empty. I decided to check it out anyways. I searched for awhile and I smelt a weak scent. I focused on the scent and made my way to the source of it. I couldn't but feel as though that scent was familiar. My ears picked up on a dragon walking. It told me that the dragon was nearing, though I knew that already through the scent getting stronger. Suddenly, a dragon popped out from the bushes in front of me. I jumped and got into attack position. My eyes widen, it was the Alpha!

I bared my teeth, but to my surprise, the dragon said, "Chill! I don't mean any harm!" I snorted. "Yeah right. Tell that to the people YOU hurt! To the dragons YOU enslaved!" She looked down and transformed, "You meant the other me." That confused me, what did she mean. She carried on and explained, "You see, for the world to be in balance, there are two... souls of the same person. Then, there are two bodies that are identical, one main, the other secondary. The souls can be switched when the main body's mind changes. From light to dark, or vice-versa. However, the memories of the mind can't be transferred from the secondary to the main, but the memories from the main can be transferred to the secondary one. Amber was light at first, but due to her experiences, she turned dark. She needs to turn back to light. The soul in me, the secondary body, is the one of light. She needs to know of the light and return to it. I can't go near her, the two bodies cannot go near each other, if not, the secondary body feels extreme pain. All the secondary bodies' minds know this from the beginning."

To say I was shock was to put it lightly. Trying to understand that there was more then one of you was nearly impossible. If not for the dragon in front of me, I would say that it was impossible, but she was clearly handling it well. I transformed to a human and said with a smile, "I assume you are Amber. My name is Eclipse. Nice to meet you. To tell the truth, its hard believing that someone like her can be so nice. However, there is something I do not understand. Why did she want everything to end? I mean, if she's evil, shouldn't she want things to continue the way it is?"

Amber chuckled, "We are one of the few that can tip the balance. Her bad soul does have good in it. Actually, if we could cause the good part in her bad soul to come out, we could have two good souls of Amber. That's amazing! Oh, I forgot to tell you, the moment the primary body dies, so does he secondary. Also, I will teach you and help you improve."

OK, this is not what I expected. I have to train with the Alpha to fight the Alpha. OK. Weird. Amber suddenly took off with great speed. I immediately transformed and flew after her. How did she transform without me noticing? Sighing, I put on speed to try and catch up with her. My wings started aching as I tried to catch up with her. The gap between us was growing visibly at a constant pace, even though I was trying my hardest to catch up. I could tell that Amber was not straining at all. I was amazed, I was the fastest flyer in my village and those that my village signed treaties with, yet Amber was beating me by a lot.

She slowed down and flew beside me. She could tell that I was tired as she slowed down even more, allowing me to slow down. "I was flying hard, not pushing my limits, but hard. If you managed to out run the other me, it means that she let you escape. Though I wouldn't understand why. If you want to beat her, you need to increase your speed tremendously to be able to out fly her and the rest of the dragons. Let's go to the training area so I can figure out your firepower and all. You are a new species, I want to figure out what your states are too." I nodded and followed her to her training center.

*Time skip*

I jumped on my bed. Well, today was a long day. Emphasis on long. We did so much training. To me, the worst was flying. She pushed me a lot, though the results didn't really show anything. According to her, my states were Attack: 18 , speed: 20, armor: 20, firepower: 10, Shot limit: 20, agility: 20, venom: 20, jaw strength: 5, stealth: 18, stamina: 20.