Chapter 4: Deals and Decisions

Third person POV

Lewis Atridge scowled as he listened to the other caller. He appeared very much disappointed with the news he was hearing. He frowned deeply again.

"Listen to me carefully, M." He growled. "I don't care how you get it done, all I want is for you to carry on with the plan. You've got just two days, M. Don't fail me!" He snarled before slamming the receiver back in its place.

He walked briskly to the coffee table at the corner of his office and quickly poured himself a brew which he downed in one gulp. He sighed deeply as he felt the burning sensation flood his chest. The only thing that calms him down after such disappointment is his favorite brew made from some special and rare herbs found only within his pack land. He poured himself quickly another glass before he moved to the window overlooking the front lawn of the pack house.

The pack house stood for over a thousand years. The three storey building was initially a wooden cabin but as several generations of Alpha emerged, the house changed with time. Now, it houses the Alpha of the Atridge pack and his family and some high ranking members of the pack. The pack house was huge and a section housed his office which he stood in presently, carefully sited at the top floor of the house so as to oversee the other pack members neighboring homes.

He sighed again as he pondered on the news he had just received. He hates it when his spies gave excuses in place of the victorious news he expected.

As the second most powerful pack in the northern province only next to the Lockwood's. He wanted it all. The whole northern province - its packs and wealth. He had been taught the ways of an Atridge since he was a pup. The cunny ways in dealing was the strength of all Atridge descendants and he had learnt from one of the greatest. His father.

They both had loathed the Lockwood's for years. It was not surprising as it does run in the blood. The Lockwood and Atridge have never once agreed on something except the peace treaty they sign some centuries back, all thanks to Lionel Lockwood and Lionel Atridge. That was the only era they had agreed and worked together. Only the treaty bound them. Without the treaty, northern province would have been a land of chaos, just like the kingdom itself. But the long lasting peace was already being threatened by a looming storm of war. The very one that might break the bonds between them and even furthermore the bonds of all the provinces. Thanks to Alpha Derrick Lockwood.

They are here Alpha. Han, his beta said through mind link. Should I send them up? He asked.

Alpha Lewis sighed. He sipped his brew. He knew who had arrived. This was not their first meeting. This was his last chance, if he wanted the Lockwood's lands and wealth. His last string. He had to make it work. All his spies brought nothing he wanted. So it was up to him now.

Send them in. He replied back. He quickly gulped the remaining content in the glass before he sat at his table with his brown eyes on the door.

He heard their footsteps has they approached the door. He could smell them already. Apart from the registered scent of his Beta, he was flooded with the alluring smell of fresh grass mingled with the potent odor of masculinity. He knew they were the one. The killer wolves and their witch, Evan Meloie.

A growl escaped his lips as they lined up inside staring intensely at him. He stared with equal strength back at them before his gaze moved to the slim handsome figure whose eyes blaze with nothing but boredom.

Evans eyes scrutinized the office before coming to rest on Alpha Lewis. He smiled softly. "So we meet again." He smiled softly. "I knew you'd send for me......again" he clicked his tongue as he sat on one the leather chairs lazily, flinging his legs on the chair's arm.