Chapter 14

I wake up, today's the day,the day I either survive or die, I'm still really scared about trusting the careers, but I have too.

I head down for my last final meal, breakfast, it's scrambled eggs bread and sausage, I eat two plate fulls I know it's a lot and I have to stock up while in the arena, I drink lots of water and orange juice as my mother escorts me down to the hover craft, I'm shaking, it's becoming reality now, I don't know what to do, "don't be nervous" my mother tells me, "you got this" I look into her eyes, I'm terrified and she can tell, she grabs me and hugs me, she holds onto me so tight, "you're coming out of that arena you hear me" ,"loud and clear" I tell her, "you're going to win this" I know you will , the peacekeepers escort me the rest of the way, I climb up the ladder into the hover craft I turn back to see my mother, her lips read "I love you".

I climb aboard the hover craft and take a seat next to the tributes from district 5, nine and ten, a lady approaches me,"give me your hand" she demands, I give her my hand and she pokes my arm with a sharp needle, it's fast so I didn't feel it that much, I'm assuming it was the tracking devise, me and the two tributes from 5 make small talk.

We arrive and the peacekeepers escort me through a long hallway, I'm put into a room , Marvel walks In, "are you ready?" I stay quiet, "you're that scared?" He asks me, "I can't do this" "yes you can look at you you're strong you've trained for this all your life" "don't worry about anyone but yourself" I appreciate Marvels little pep talk "thanks"

10 seconds

I hear the voice say, Marvel gives me a black jacket, it fits perfectly he zips it halfway, I'm In black pants made for running and black shirt and black jacket, "go on then" he points over my shoulder to the tube, I turn and walk, silence, I take small steps and step into the tube, terrified, I'm so scared, the tube closes.

I turn to marvel, I have a terrified look on my face he tells me something but I can't see what he says I think his lips read "you got this" this is it I can hear the voice again

5

4

3

2

1.

As the tube begins to raise.