Ac•cept•ance {Part 1}

This chapter is rated PG-13+ for suggestive themes and some language.

Ac•cept•ance:
əkˈseptəns/
noun
noun: acceptance; plural noun: acceptances

1. the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered.

2. the action or process of being received as adequate or suitable, typically to be admitted into a group.

3. agreement with or belief in an idea, opinion, or explanation.

Acceptance. One word. Three syllables. Four vowels. Six Consonants. Ten letters. Something that you would never have.

At a young age, you had lived with your (mom/dad) who married a different (man/woman) than your godly (father/mother). (She/He) never accepted you, (she/he) always loved your step-brothers and step-sisters more. You had seen the way (she/he) looked at them. (She/He) always smiled at them with a tender and loving care. Unlike the scowl (she/he) always gave you, since you were a reminder of the (man/woman) that took (her/his) virginity away and left (her/him). Your (mother/father) always gave your step-siblings whatever they wanted, spoiling them. You got nothing but a list of all the chores. Your step-brothers and step-sisters didn't have any chores, of course. Your step-brothers and step-sisters didn't like you, or want anything to do with you. They would push you around, or snicker and talk behind your back. They would make up silly lies to tell your (mother/father) to get you in trouble. You would often bit down on your lip to keep from crying. You had to stay strong. You couldn't let them see that they made a dent in your life.

Sometimes, in the night, you would lock yourself in your tiny closet of a room and bitterly wish that you could be Cinderella. You and Cinderella were alike, but so different in many ways. At least Cinderella had friends, was one of your many thoughts. And she got a happy ending.

At school, nothing was any better. The kids would bully you and you didn't do anything about it. You knew you should have, but you just couldn't. You didn't want to give in and show that you were weak. You didn't want the bullies to be satisfied.

Your attempts at making friends never worked out. Once in a while, there would be a kid who hung out with you, but they would leave. One friend, the best you had ever made, started hanging out with one of the bullies. (She/He) started to bully you with the bully. Apparently it was because (she/he) was "bored." Those days, you had become almost silent. The best friend you had ever had; the one you cried with, exchanged glances with, even laughed with, was now bullying you. You spent most your time in your room after all your chores and homework wondering where it all went wrong. Why was the world rejecting you? After all these times of trying to stay strong, not giving in, trying to make friends, live life to the fullest, you finally broke. You found it hard to see all the good in life that everyone talked about: family, friends, love, kindness, and acceptance.

Now you were at Camp Half-Blood, where some time ago, you found out that you were special: a demigod. You were a full timer, a year-round camper. Still, after all this time, you had yet to be accepted. To feel acceptance.

But you still lived. There was something in your mind that gave you a purpose to live, to get up every day. There was a small voice telling you that somewhere, you could find something good in the world. Perhaps it was the nature around you. The way that the snow fell lightly to the ground, or the water trickles down the dam. Perhaps it was the animals who lived among the lands and sea and flowed with the circle of life. Or perhaps it was the silly hope that you could make a difference in somebody's life. Your heart was lifted when you saw the smiles of the campers. You lived to see the happiness that everyone had. You strived to help anyone who was down.