||Chapter 10||

Cecilia's Pov

"Oh" said Amy from next to me staring at Reece as he exited his car. She looked totally speechless. That look of respect had disappeared from her face and replacing it was a look of complete and utter disappointment.

I looked away from Amy and back towards the race track that Reece was at. I was honestly shocked although I hadn't seen Reece race before I knew he had won all his other races. What shocked me the most was that it looked to me like Reece lost on purpose, he could have  so easily won that race, if only he hadn't slowed down toward the end.

I could tell that myself and Amy weren't the only ones shocked it seemed like the crowd were too. That once huge roar of talk and laughter had turned into a quiet murmur.

The driver who won stepped out of his car. He was a average sized man with blonde hair and from what I could tell he looked like he had bright blue eyes.

He walked toward Reece and they done some sort of  handshake.

Reece then whispers something in the wining mans ear and the man smiles at him and looks directly at me.

I quickly turn my head away hoping they didn't see me looking at them.

"We have a new winner this week... Jamie Lockwood" the booming voice sounds once again from the speaker.

Amy's phone starts to ring she immediately picks it up to answer it.

"Hey" she says nervous.

I look at her in curiosity. It almost seemed like she didn't even want to be on the phone with the person at the other end of the phone.

There's a long pause I could kind of hear the person on the other end of the line talking but I couldn't quiet make out what they were saying.

"Ok I'll see you later bye" she then hangs up and looks at me.

"That was Reece he wants me to take you to his car and wait there with you for him" I look at her confused. Was this it? This was the shortest date I had ever been on. Thankfully she carries on "he said he has some things to sort out" she said with that nervous look on her face.

Now I kind of wished the date was over. The nervous look on her face made me feel uneasy. If she looked nervous about what was to come then I should be even more nervous than her.

I just nod my head regardless of all the things that were going through my head. I got myself in to this. I agreed to go on this date with Reece so I was going to have to stick it out till the end. We both stand up and make our way outside the small stadium and toward his car.

The carpark was quiet only a few people stood around talking and smoking.

When we reach the car she pulls out a key to open the car we both get inside and sit down.

We sit in silence well until Amy breaks it.

"He lost. He always wins" she said not looking at me. I just nod my head. I think she may have been trying to convince herself that Reece actually lost more than she was trying to tell me that he did. She couldn't believe that he lost and that was understandable.

I mean although I was shocked that he lost it didn't make me like him any less than I did. I mean it kind of made me like him a little more. Losing something is always very hard. Especially if you have a status like Reece's and he accepted that he lost and came out of the car an shook hands with his winning opponent.

I look out the car window to see heaps of people leaving the stadium. There right in the middle of the crowd was Reece, walking towards his car. If this was a movie this scene would definitely be in slow motion.

He lost.

This ones for you.

His words reply in my head

Wait... Could that mean that he lost a race for me.

Too show that he really cared. Too prove to me that he was serious and wanted a relationship with me. He put his pride on the line for me.

"He did it for me" I pause "he told me before he went that it was for me" I say quickly without thinking it through.

She looks shocked at first but then a big smile comes to her face.

"Omg you do release what this means right? Omg he likes you I can't believe this" she says squealing.

"You guys are so cute! I can't believe it he's obviously never felt this way about a girl not that he has ever felt this way about guys he's not gay or-" she gets cut off by Reece opening the door.

"You can leave now" he says I very cold expression on his face.

Amy quickly scurries away and Reece silently starts the engine.

He doesn't say a word so I decide to break the silence "You lost for me" I say with a little smile.

He keeps his eyes focused on the road ahead but I could see the his lips twitch but he keeps a straight face stopping himself from smiling.

"I had to prove that I actually want to be with you it seems like you've had trust issues since after what happened with your family" he says keeping his eyes on the road.

I just nod my head in understanding. He was right, I did have trust issues but amazing as him losing a race was I couldn't completely give myself to him and look weak.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me again tomorrow on another date" Reece says licking his lips eyes still on the road.

Two dates in a row? Wasn't I a lucky girl

"Where?" I question cocking my eyebrow.

"Surprise" he says back too me.

"Fine but if it's a street fight I'm pulling out" I joke.

All I get back is a smirk.