Chapter 10

*2 weeks later*

My phone vibrated. I looked down at it and felt a smile cross my face. I quickly texted him back. "Was that Gabriel?" I heard Chelsea ask from beside me. I glanced at up at her. "Maybe.." She smirked. "And who is Gabriel?" I heard Lexie ask. I felt my cheeks turn pink. "That's her new Boyfriend." Chels answered for me. "He's not my boyfriend! We've just been out a few times!" I answered defensively. I could feel Ben's eyes boring into me. I wouldn't look in his direction. "Mhm sure...they are definitely a thing." Chelsea said directing the last part to Lexie. I shook my head. "Not officially or anything." I mumbled. Lexie smiled. "That's cute Jay! I'm glad you found somebody. I'd love to meet him. He should come to the cookout tomorrow night! Right honey?" She said excitedly not even turning to Ben to hear his response. For the first time since that was brought up I glanced up at him. He stared at me intensely and gave a dry, "Yeah." I looked away from his glare and back down at my lap. He eventually came back over and sat down beside me across from Lex. We ate the rest of our dinner mostly in silence. Tomorrow night should be loads of fun...

*The next night*

"Who all is going to be there?" Gabriel asked from the passenger seat beside me. "My parents, Lexie and Ben, Chelsea, my cousin Lucas, Jessica and Mark and Addie, Ryan and his wife LeAnn, and maybe a few more people. Mainly our close friends. Not many people." I answered turning onto Ben and Lexie's road. We pulled up to their house and I pulled into the driveway. "We must be the first ones here." I said shutting off the car. I opened my door and Sebastian did the same thing. "This should be fun." I mumbled under my breath getting out of the car and grabbing my purse. I walked around my car and started towards the door with Gabriel. He laced our fingers together. I looked down at our conjoined hands and smiled before knocking. I glanced up at Gabriel and saw a look of nervousness overcome his face. "They are going to love you." I said before planting my lips on his softly. Hearing the door starting to open I quickly broke the kiss.

Ben opened the door. He smiled politely. He saw our intertwined hands and I saw his smile drop. He glanced back up at me and backed up out of the doorway so we could come in. "Ben, this is Gabriel...my friend." I said to Ben walking through the door. Gabriel dropped my hand to shake Ben's. "Gabriel. Nice to meet you." Gabriel greeted. "Ben. You too." He came over and joined me. I glanced around him at Ben. "Where's Lex?" I asked. "Outside at the patio table." He answered without even looking over at me. I turned and grabbed Gabriel's bringing him with me through the kitchen and out the back door. I looked up and saw Lexie sitting at the table her back to us. I walked up. "Beautiful weather out here." I said reaching the table. She jumped at my voice. "Gosh Jay you've got to stop doing that!" She said getting up. She turned and saw the guy attached to the hand I was holding. "Lex this is Gabriel. Gabriel this is one of my best friends Lexie." I said introducing them to each other. She smiled and stuck her hand out, he grabbed it and shook it. "Nice to meet you. You have a beautiful house thank you for the invite." "Nice to meet you. Make yourself at home! Here sit." She said gesturing to the two seats across from her at the table. I walked around to the table dropping his hand in the process. I took the seat diagonally across from her and Sebastian sat directly across from Lex. "So Gabriel since you're dating a girl that's like my little sister tell me about yourself." He started telling her about himself. About his childhood and his future plans. I stopped listening after a pair of eyes in the kitchen window caught mine. I could see the hurt land anger in them. "Hey I'll be right back I'm gonna run to the restroom. Does anybody need anything while I'm up?" I asked getting out of my chair. They both said they were fine. I headed into the house. I walked in and up the stairs. I heard Ben following me.
I went into his office and shut the door, he came in seconds later. "You didn't tell me you met someone." He said as soon as he shut the door. "Ben.." I started but trailed off not knowing what to tell him. "I met him about two weeks ago at a party.." I mumbled. "And you didn't think I deserved a heads up?" He asked. "I honestly didn't think about it. Do I get a heads up everytime you do something with your wife?" I said defensively turning to face him. He glanced at me as I turned around. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. He took a few steps forward and stopped about 3 inches in front of me. "Can he do this?" He whispered seductively before planting his lips on mine. He intensified the kiss closing the gap between us and tangling his fingers in my hair. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling my body towards his. I moaned before breaking the kiss. "Ben..." Suddenly the doorbell rang causing me to jump. "I better go answer that." He mumbled heading towards the door. I grabbed his hand making him stop and look back at me. I pulled him into me and gave him and quick but sweet kiss. "One for the road." I said with a smirk and followed him down the stairs to go back outside.

I walked back outside to the patio to find Gabriel and Lexie right where I left them. He was talking to her about where he grew up. I came over and sat back down beside him. He grabbed my hand  under the table and squeezed it. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I heard the back door open and glanced up to see my parents walking out the back door followed by Ben. I smiled at them adn got up bringing Sebastian with me. I walked towards them and stopped a few feet away. "Mom, Dad, this is Gabriel...Gabriel this is my parents." I let go of his hand when I saw Ben staring at our conjoined hands. Gabriel glanced at me confused, but I wouldn't look at him. He tried to play it off and turned to my parents and shook their hands and said hello. The door opened again and I saw Chelsea appear. I smiled and walked over to her and nudged her. "Hey buddy." I said. She shook her head with a smile. "Hey." I wrapped my arm around her neck and led her back over to where Gabriel and my parents were talking. We joined in on the conversation.
Lexie soon came over to join in, soon we were all standing there laughing at Gabriel's stories. Chelsea and I turned when we heard the door open. Walking through it was my cousin Lucas. He smiled, but he wasn't looking at me. I gave Chelsea a sideways glance and saw her staring at him and smiling. I smirked. "There's your boy Lucas." I whispered in her ear. She looked away from him and glared at me. "Why don't you go to your love since childhood." I said amused. she rolled her eyes but headed over there regardless. I snickered and turned back to Gabriel. "Want to come inside and get a drink with me?" I asked. He nodded, and grabbed my hand and started in the house with me. We walked into the empty house. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed out two cokes. I gave him one. He set it on the counter and grabbed my hand and brought me into him. I laughed and buried my face in his chest. I looked up and saw he was already staring at me. I looked down his face and stopped on his lips. I slowly brought my lips to his until they were moving in a sensual dance. He brought his hands up to both sides of my face holding it there. I wrapped my hands around his waist bringing my body closer to his. A throat clearing broke us apart. I looked up to see an obviously angry Ben glaring daggers at Gabriel.