Chapter 18

I woke up and rolled over. It was only 10 am. I checked my phone and saw I had a message from Ben. "Good morning baby girl. I hope you had a good night sleep. It was really hard to leave you last night. Text me when you get up beautiful. I love you! XoXo." He sent it 3 hours ago. I placed my phone back on the bedside table and sat up in the bed. I got up and went over to the bathroom where I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before doing my hair and throwing on some clothes. I walked out into the living room where Chelsea sat eating some cold pizza. "...you're up and dressed early." She said. I nodded. "I'm gonna go over to Ben's office today. I'm gonna try to talk him into letting me start my internship." I answered. She smirked. "Well if you go up to my room and pull out that mini skirt that you wore the last time we went out partying and I promise you it won't take much talking." She said. I shook my head but had a grin on my face.
"Always the dirty one." I said. She laughed. "Get out of here and go get your internship girl!" She ordered. "Alright alright. I'll be back shortly." I said heading towards the door. "I doubt it. He'll probably lock you two in an exam room and I won't see you til tonight." She said, I didn't have to look at her to know she had a smirk plastered on her face. I just shook my head and headed out the door. I got into Chelsea's car and started it up. I'm not sure what changed. I just woke up this morning with a determined attitude. I was going to make something of myself. No question about it. I started her car and started to Ben's office. About 5 minutes later I pulled up outside of his doctors office. I got out of the car and walked in and up to the front desk. Thankfully Jasmine was the one working the front. "Hey Jayla! I heard about the accident are you okay?!" She said as I walked up. I smiled at he and gave her a nod. "I'm doing okay. I feel pretty good today." I answered. She gave a slight nod. "Is Ben in?" I asked. She shook her head. "He's out on lunch. He should be back in about 30 minutes or so." She answered looking at the clock. I gave her a smile feeling mischievous. "Has today been busy?" I asked looking around the waiting room. She shook her head. "It's been quite peaceful actually." "Can you let me in? I have a plan." I said with a smirk. She nodded and hollered at a nurse passing by to open the door for me.
I walked back through there and around to the back of the front office. Jasmine turned to face me. "Can you text him and tell him he needs to get back here quick that there's an emergency." I asked. She nodded pulling her phone out with a giggle. "Okay I sent it." She said with a smirk. I nodded. "Thank you. This is why you're my favorite." I said with a smile. "Is his office unlocked?" I asked. She nodded. "He never locks it." My smile broadened. "Make him come back here as soon as he gets here." I said turning to walk towards his office. "Yes ma'am!" I heard her say. "Thanks! This is why I love you!" I said walking down the hall. I heard her giggle. Once I got to his office I looked around to make sure no one was around or saw me. I opened his office door and went in there and shut the door behind me. I walked over to his desk and cleared it off enough for me to sit on it with my hands stretched out behind me. I sat like that for about 5 minutes before I heard his voice out in the hallway. "Where's the emergency?!" I heard him ask Jasmine. "It resolved itself sir, and you were already on the way here by the time it was fixed, so I didn't want to text you again." She explained. I snickered. I heard Ben sigh. "Well since I don't have another appointment until 4 I'm going to go do paperwork in my office." He said and headed down the hall to the office. Anticipation was building up. I crossed my legs and sat straight up on his desk. He opened the door and stopped in the door way when he saw me sitting there. "Jay?" He said confused. "Yes, Dr. Ben. I'm here inquiring about an internship." I said seductively. He came forward and shut his office door locking it. "You were the emergency." He breathed. I smirked giving a slight nod.

He walked towards me and stopped right in front of me. He brought his hands up to my face and pulled it into his own crashing our lips together. He broke the kiss getting a breath. "I'm happy to see that smile on your face baby girl. I'm glad you got out of the house." I smiled. "You're the reason. You came over yesterday and held me even when I yelled at you. You stayed." I answered. "I will always stay. Even if you get mad...even if I get mad and yell. I will always stay." He answered. I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you." I said into his neck. "I love you too." He answered. "I came to see you too, but I really did come to talk to you about starting the internship." I said after a few seconds of silence. He chuckled. "I thought you just wanted to come see this face." He said. I giggled. "Well I did, but it would be nice to get to see your face everyday." I answered. He broke away from me and walked around his desk. I heard him open one of the drawers then shut it. He walked back around the desk with a clipboard and paperwork on it. "Here fill these out." He said handing it to me. I grabbed a pen out of his white coat. He scoffed. "And you want to intern here?! Didn't even come prepared!" He joked. "Shut up! You know I'm good and could intern at any hospital or doctor's office in the county!" I retorted. He nodded. "Fair enough." I giggled and continued filling out the forms. Once I was done with all of them I handed them back and hopped off the desk. "Where do you think you're going ma'am?!" He said attacking me and putting me back on the desk. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. I kissed his neck. He moaned making me smirk. Without looking up I started pulling his white coat off. "Here really?" He breathed. "Mhm." I moaned. He chuckled and started unbuttoning my shirt.