Chapter 3

Phil's POV

The train to Manchester slowly stopped to a halt as we reached our destination.

I looked around at the familiar place I used to call home.

I missed this place.

So far, I had forgotten about the fact that I won't be able to see Dan in a while and I got distracted by the multiple shops scattered along the pavement, as soon as I stepped out of the trainstation.

There were big shops and small shops, tourist shops and local shops, chain stores and small businesses. Restaurants and cafés.

I strolled around the shops for a while.

I walked into a small gift shop on the corner of the street.

"Ooh I bet Dan would like this!" I mumbled to myself as I picked up a gold Manchester keyring.

Dan.

I suddenly remembered why I was here. I wasn't on holiday. I wasn't going to return in a few days. I was here for a few months, at least. I was never going to see Dan for months!

"Excuse me, sir. May I help you?" the shop assistant asked me. I was daydreaming before she spoke to me so the fact that she spoke to me made me jump a bit. I turned around to face her and looked at her name tag. Helena. Like that My Chemical Romance song, haha!

"Oh-oh yeah.. I'm fine, just looking" I shuddered in surprise.

"Oh ok." the shop assistant nodded, "You're Phil from YouTube, aren't you?"

"Yeah I am!"

"Thought so, my daughter loves you! She's got all your and dan's merchandise. Ha ha."

"Would she like an autograph?"

"Oh yeah, she'd love that! Let me get a piece of paper..." The shop assistant started searching in her bag for a piece of scrap paper. "Here's some paper."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Abbie." she replied. I nodded and wrote a tiny message on the paper and signed it.

"There we go."

"Thank you! See you, Phil."

"Bye."

I bought the shiny Manchester keyring and exited the shop.

***

After I strolled around the shops, I walked to my parents' house.

The street where my parents live was quiet with only a few kids playing safely with their bikes.

When I finally reached the house, I took a deep breath. Was I really prepared to take care of my mother for a while? What if she never cures? What if she... Dies!?

I shook the horrible thoughts out if my head and thought as positively as one could in a situation like this.

"Hi, Phil," my father said as they opened the door so I could enter. He nodded as he spoke. He was very serious. "Come in."

I sat down at the nearest chair, worried about what he might say.

"Your mother is very ill, as I informed you on the phone last week. I could take care of her myself but I have to move to America for the job I'm doing, if I don't work we won't have enough money to live. I'm very sorry, son, you have have to look after her by yourself." my father told me, he then bowed his head.

"It's just... I have a job, myself, and if I don't do it, my fans will miss me! And what about Dan? I can't work without him." I replied. I just couldn't take in all this information. It was bad enough my mother was ill! Now I have to quit YouTube for a while.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." he then left to get to his job and I was left alone with my mother.

"Mum..." I walked up to her room and slowly opened the door. I was in deep shock. My mother was laid down with a ton of tissues, coughing her guts out.

"Phil, Phil, I'm sorry you have to see this. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry-" she coughed. "I'm sorry you have to quit Youtube for a while."

"It's okay, mum, really it is. It's not your fault you're ill."

"Thank you, Phil. I love you."

"I love you too mum. Just hold on, you'll be fine. You'll survive."

I couldn't bare to see her like this. I was determined to help my mother, she has helped me ever since I was a child.

I just missed Dan.