Ch. 1 Autumn

The girl felt someone nudge her roughly. "Wha-?" A hand was slapped across her mouth muffling the rest of her sentence.

"Shh, you ungrateful brat. Hurry up and get ready, we have visitors." the old woman practically growled. The girl recognized her as Ms.Hannie, the headmistress of the orphanage.

"Coming." The girl muttered quietly.

"Good hurry, dear." the old woman drawled.

The girl got out of bed and put on her best clothes, an old sweater, some ripped jeans, and some combat boots. She washed her face and quickly brushed her hair out. Then threw it into a ponytail, she headed down stairs to the main lobby. She kept her head down as she made her way down the stairs. As she was walking to join the group of teens she bumped into someone. She looked up fear evident in her eyes, it was Jamie.

The orphanage's bully she looked at the girl and growled at her, "Out of my way!" Then before the girl even had time to respond Jamie punched her in the stomach. The girl let out a cry of pain and fell to the floor. Jamie kicked her swiftly in the ribcage, then turned on her heel and walked away.

The girl heard footsteps and male voices shouting at each other, "Jason? You heard that right? It sounds like someone got hurt!"

"Yeah, Sky I heard it let's go check it out." 'Jason' said.

The group of men approached the girl who was laying in the middle of the floor gasping to regain air in her lungs. A boy with fluffy brown hair kneeled down next to the girl and picked her up bridal style. She tried to get away but didn't have the energy to fight anymore and relaxed in his arms.

"Sweetie what happened to you?" the man who was holding her asked softly.

"J-Jamie attacked me 'cause I was in her way" the girl said in between sobs. She buried her face into his jacket as sobs racked her small body.

"Shhh, it's okay. She won't hurt you anymore." The boy who was holding her 'Jason' said. He smoothed out her hair in a soothing manner, and she began to feel sleepy, earlier that day she got beat up by Marcus the other bully at school. She stopped sobbing and lay in his arms crying silently. Then she heard the group of boys discussing someone, are they talking about me? The girl wandered. Before she knew it, the darkness consumed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wanna adopt her." Jason argued with the rest of the guys.

"Jason, are you sure? We could ruin her life, you know we aren't exactly the most responsible people." A man with brown-almost black- curly hair stated.

"Adam! If we don't then she'll keep getting beat up by 'Jamie' again!" Jason told the man.

"Please Adam?" Another man stepped into the argument, he had long brown hair fringe nearly covering his left eye.

"Ty, Jason, this is a horrible idea. I just don't want to ruin her life, she's to innocent..." Adam muttered.

"Oh! So, you're worried about ruining her life! What about Mason's life? Last time I checked, you weren't worried about ruining his life!" Jason whisper-yelled.

"Mason is different!" Adam whisper-yelled back.

"How?" Jason and Ty replied in unison.

"Well, um... I-" Adam gave up, "Fine but you two will carry most of the responsibility! Got it?"

They smiled and thanked him while promising to take good care of her. Then they proceeded to go and confirm the adoption.