Prologue

There is a tale of long ago, filled with dragons and witches, of which hidden messages lie deep within one source. MAGIC.

One of five special babies in the time of one year is born. It is 2001, September 23rd(the date of the first day of fall.) and her eyes sparkle with magic.  A nurse comes in to take the baby girl. She will be awarded the name of Amber. The nurse gifts Amber with a special necklace, one that cannot be taken off.

It is a small bottle filled with magical rocks with colors of red, gold, and brown, with a cork top. As her first laugh sneaks upon herself, the first leaf of autumn falls sparkling gold all the way down and as she is swaddled and given to the parents she floats out of her blanket landing in her mother's arms. With no doubt, she is Mother Nature and the nurse knows it.

Fast forward to November, two months later, baby number two is born with little time before winter. Gale makes her mark eternal. She has the look of destiny in her eyes.

Once again, the same nurse at a different hospital takes little Gale and presents her with, again, a necklace never to be taken off. The color in her bottle is a bright green, the color of emeralds. This time, in place of a laugh it is a hiccup. A glass table with crystal glasses wiggles and shatters the glasses spilling the water inside . She will be strong. The nurse knows she is special.

After another few months, winter has gone and passed. It is now spring of 2002. In April the third baby is born with the name of Katherine. The same nurse, at a different hospital picks up Katherine and gives her the third bottled necklace. It is filled with opal flecks. As she puts it on Katherine the necklace turns invisible. A cat is sitting on the windowsill in the room. And as Katherine laughs for her first time, a trail of sparkles leaves her mouth and travels to the cat's ears. The cat starts violently scratching and pawing at the window. The nurse nods knowing that Katherine's power has nothing to do with her species, but other species including humans.

One month later, a lovely pair of twins are born. Babies four and five are taken by the nurse, Trudy, the same nurse in yet another hospital. Their mother, the poor thing, tragically died while giving birth. The girl of the two, born 5 minutes before her brother, is named Hazel.

Trudy gives Hazel her necklace filled with amethyst and places the twin brother Michael's necklace, filled with the colors of obsidian. In unison they both laugh. The nurse looks at the twins with confusion nothing happens. "Maybe you two just aren't the ones the prophecy speaks of," the nurse says with a sigh thinking of what could have been. But it's too late, she's already put the necklaces on. There's no way to get them off now.

"Let these be the ones." The nurse mumbles.  She smiles a sad smile at the father. "With one lost life there is greatness born into the world." She tells the father as she hands him the two babies. "No." He scowls. "They will need their father to look after them sir." The nurse says frowning at him. " I said no!" He sighs, "but here," he takes a out a picture and rips it in half. "Make sure that they each get one no matter where they go. I may not be able to care for them but they need each other."

"Let these emblems of your magic guide you to greatness! One day you shall grow strong and brave."