Chapter 12

A villager comes to the door and knocks twice, the childless mother answers the door only to hear that her husband has been killed.

Gale

Amber and I have been hanging out more,and I've noticed my other friends have been distancing themselves from me. Do the know? The thought rushes through my mind like a bullet piercing the skin on its target.Anyways we have been hanging around so much that when Amber tells me she will run away I don't tell her to stay,instead I tell her I'm coming.

"Sh. I hear them!" Amber whispers at me. But this is my last chance.As soon  as Amber sits down I run out f the cave. "Ryan!" I scream. My voice echoes through the woods and birds that nest in nearby trees fly away in swarms. I wait for a while. Nothing and then. "Gale?!" My brother yells with excitement bubbling up in his voice. I also hear him talking to Kourtney in the distance.

"See I told you we'd find em!" He says. She snifs. "You don't know my sister than do you?" And the it dawns on me Amber never wanted me to tell. I have been out in the open for more than a minute and she hasn't stopped me. I turn around slowly to see a wall of summery vines weaved together in thick layers blocking the entrance of the cave. Why was I so stupid. Of course she would use her power to her advantage.I know I would if I were her.

"Amber!" I scream. "Come out you can't stay in there forever!" She snickers. "Oh yeah? Watch me!" I watch as the cave  expands so much I am forced to step back and the snow melts around the cave creating a tropical biome. But that's not the worst part thick thorns wrap around the warmth on all sides covering the top,However it appears that there is still light inside. When I try to touch a spot without thorns I am blown back into a  tree. Oh shit. If there is anyone who can literally bring down her walls its kourtney so I start calling her.

"Kourtney Hurry!" I start hearing the padding of feet. As they approach behind me things begin to heat up. Kourtney starts running towards the thorn bush. Ryan and I try to hold her back to the best of our ability."Amber!" She screams in a piercing voice."What have you done?!" We try to fight against her thrashing and tears but eventually she slips from our grasp and runs to the wall. But instead of trying to move her way through the thorns,She starts to dig her way under the snow. But the snow is deep and the thorns are rooted down. By the time she gives up her fingers are bleeding.

She collapses on her side and rolls into a semi fetal position. Her fingers bent at different angles and her hands spread away from her body. Her sobs make us both collapse on our knees. This only seems to make her cry harder. Some were in the midst of things Ryan gets up and goes home. I don't blame him though.