7. Sad happiness

***THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V***

"I'll see you tomorrow Justin,"

That sentence has been repeating itself in his head a million times.

Justin wonders when her tomorrow is coming because he's been waiting all week, and now he has gotten tired of all the waiting that is why he is sneaking out of his, once again, unlocked cell.

If she won't come to me. I will come to her, he thought.

Exiting his cell, Justin slowly shuts the bars before him. His heart screams no, while his guts are daring him to escape this prison. He never thought he would have the courage to do this, so doing it was like igniting the dead sparks in his stomach, making his heart and blood rush in excitement. It has been a while since he felt this rush and he likes it. It's like being tickled with a feather all over your body, like being alive again.

He takes one last glance around the room and looks at it in disgust. It's unusually quiet, though he understands why. It is 2 AM, an hour you're expected to be sleeping on.

He wishes he could help all these patients escape because he knows how they feel. But they really are mentally ill and they need all help they can get, even though the doctors here aren't really helping. It's better for them to be in here than wander in the city, completely lost.

Turning back around to the door of the last room he has to exit, he carefully opens it, trying not to wake anyone up. He squeezes through the small gap between the door and the door frame.

Once he got out, he breathes out in relief, so good so far. He then closes the door and scans the whole lobby. Last time he was in the lobby was when they first brought him to the hospital.

It smells better out here than in his cell. He thought.

He begin walking toward the exit of the hospital, but it's locked and only way to open it is by using a card the whole staff owns.

Justin quickly made his way to the counter where seconds later grabbed a key card that was carelessly lying behind the counter, he then walks back to the glass doors and slides the key card in the card scanner before watching the big glass door sliding open.

As he stepped out, the fresh air immediately hit his face. He breathes in and out a few times, taking in what he has been missing out on. Never has he appreciated the nature as he did in this very moment. He could stay here forever and just gaze at the stars, but he doesn't want to get caught and get back into that cell again, so he has to get going.

He doesn't know where he's going, he just knows that he can't stand being here anymore.

Justin wipes the key card against his white T-shirt before he throw it back to the counter, not caring where it lands.

Running out from the building to the fence that surrounds the hospital, taking a good leap, before he puts one foot on the bars and push himself over the other side of the fence, landing on his feet on the road full of gravel.

"I'm free," He says and smiles widely.

Although he's free physically, he isn't free mentally, he know that within the next few days, they'll start looking for him and they won't stop until they have found him.

But Justin tries to push that thought far back in his mind because he wants to enjoy the moment.

He starts running into the woods on the opposite side of the hospital. As he runs faster and faster the breeze keeps hitting him harder and harder.