Broken l.h

Another night of drinking until he can't see straight. Blowing Oxy until he can't feel his legs. Some say the fame got to him. The fact that he can get what he wants, whenever he wants only enables him. It only took one time, one party, and he was hooked. He loved the way he felt when he taking pills. The way girls flocked to him when he was drunk. He didn't care if they only wanted him for his money, or even just for the night. Luke only wanted to have a good time with his new found fame. He never really understood what he was doing was hurting the people around him. 

Band practice started forty minutes ago and Luke is just now stumbling into the small practice space, clearly drunk. The guys were rehearsing without Luke, obviously annoyed that he is putting his drinking before his career. The guys stopped and watched as he shuffled over to his guitar and put it over his shoulder and turned the amp up all the way before blindly strumming the strings on the guitar clearly not setting out to make any type of music. Michael ran over to the amp and turned it off. 

"Really?" Michael said when he walked back in front of Luke.

"What? You didn't like it?" Luke slurred. 

"Are you drunk?" Calum said, smelling the alcohol on Luke's breath. 

"Only a little," Luke laughs. Calum, Ashton, and Michael look at each other for a brief moment before Michael takes a deep breath and looks at Luke. 

"Listen, Luke, we've been talking and non of us like the path you've taken. We don't want to see something bad happen to you, but honestly, you're doing nothing but drag us all down with you," Michael said. 

"What are you saying," Luke boomed, taking a step towards Michael.

"We're kicking you out of the band, get some help, man." Michael turns away and walks back to where his guitar is. 

"Y-You can't do this to me, you're nothing without me, I made you guys," Luke yells. He stumbles backwards. 

"Please get help, Luke, " Calum says before him and Ashton turn away from him. 

"No, You can't kick me out, please, this is all I have," He stumbles back more and falls. He pulls himself to his feet and regains his balance. "Fuck you guys," he screams before stumbling towards the door. He turned around, hurt, and looks at his three lads. He couldn't believe they had done this to him. Still shocked, he stomped out of the building and found his way home. 

TW: this paragraph references to suicide so please read carefully.

A bottle of Oxy laid in the top drawer of his nightstand next to his bed. He grasped the bottle firmly and walked to the living room. In one hand he carried the bottle of Oxy, in the other he had a bottle of Jack Daniels, his drink of choice. He mumbled curse words under his breath and made his way to the couch. He sat and put the two items on the coffee table in front of him. He struggled for a moment but managed to get the bottle of Oxy open. He dumped the contents on the coffee table. He took the bottle of jack and smash a few then he snorted them, he took the rest. 

Luke sat on his couch, drinking Jack until he fell asleep. They didn't need Luke anymore, no one needed Luke anymore. He turned into something he hated. He could never go back now. 

It was Calum that found Luke. He came that same day to check on him. He found him laying on the floor in his living room. Luke was already dead when he arrived. The guys knew it was coming but no one could prepare them. They cried at his funeral. They cancelled a tour and pushed an album release. They mourned him for months. But eventually they got better. They started talking to each other again. They made new music, but nothing would every be the same. 

In their own way they will always be broken. 

Authors note:

hi, so i apologize about how crappy this is, i literally have had this written for months but never finished it until now. Also i think i might try to make a sequel to the ashton one so just keep an eye out for that. But uh, thanks for reading this? Tbh i'm not super into 5sos anymore but i'm going to still try to keep up with this. Um yeah so comment some love thanks bye.