#SheWantsTheDrake [Chapter 8]

Alexandra fought back every fear, every tear and the urge to hyperventilate right at that very moment. She couldn't help the lightheaded-ness or her heart and mind racing all at one time. It was all so emotional for her. It was also crippling at the same time. Anyone else would be trilled who, where and why she was getting the ring. But Alexandra was stunned that she was getting a ring. The ring. A beautiful one at that. She thought (along with her thousand other thoughts) that the same jeweler that did his OVO chains probably had something to do with her ring. There could be no perfect moment than now. There could be no moment ever in your life, better than this one.

[Flashback to Alexandra and Aubrey's trip to Toronto]

Aubrey took Alexandra on a ride (in his white Bentley continental) through the Toronto metropolitan area and areas near the CN Tower so he could tell her about his tattoo. Once he did, he asked Alexandra about her three. Alexandra explained as she watched snowflakes fall across the windshield.

Alexandra: The one on my back is my mom. It's an angel.

Aubrey: I thought you weren't close to your mother.

Alexandra: I mean...we're not. But sometimes...I feel like me getting this angel made up for everything between us when I was younger. I don't know. I look at it like...tattoo something that's suppose to be perfect on the most imperfect person you could find.

She looked at him. Aubrey stopped somewhere unknown to Alex.

Aubrey: I think you're perfect. And I think you and you're mom are really close and really alike. Your flaws are her flaws and vice versa. Something along the way just made you guys wanna hide that.

Alexandra looked down at the tattoo of the anarchy symbol (without the circle). Aubrey touched it.

Aubrey (with a smile): Are you like a rebel too?

Alexandra smiled.

Alexandra: It's obviously my name, Alexandra and anarchy. It's a long, rebellious, I just moved to California at 17 story. It's a really long and complex story.

Aubrey: You're a complex individual, Alexandra.

He looked forward gripping the wheel. Alexandra looked at him and wondered. He looked back at her.

Aubrey: Stop thinking I don't love you so you can have a reason to not be with me.

Alexandra shrank in her seat. She was surprised that he was reading her mind and that he knew exactly what she was doing. In all honesty Alexandra was underestimating Aubrey's emotional and intellectual intelligence. She felt bad and stopped talking.

[Now]

Aubrey: This almost-year has been one of the best of my life. You're supportive, you're funny, you're beautiful, you're kind. You push me away and it only makes me fall harder. I just want to save you from yourself. I want you to know someone is here for you. I want you to spend the rest of your life sleeping beside me. Alexandra Mitchell, will you marry me?

Alexandra contemplated. The reason to contemplate was unknown but this is Alexandra...

Alexandra (in her head): This is your one chance to lose all of your insecurities and prove to him that you really love him. Let go of your stupid fucking insecurities and say yes!

A harsher tone was in her head than what actually came out.

Alexandra (speaking through tears): Yes. Yes, I will.

Aubrey's face lit up and he put the ring on Alexandra's finger and picked her up and swung her around. The waiters around them cheered and burst open a bottle of champagne for them in celebration. When Aubrey put Alexandra down he wiped her tears.

Aubrey: I love you.

He kissed her and hugged her tight. As Aubrey squeezed Alexandra, he looked at her new gorgeous engagement ring.

[Flashback to the car ride to the restaurant]

Aubrey: Your dress is perfect. It's like a wedding dress almost.

Alexandra turned red and looked at him in an shock and awe look.

[Now]

Alexandra: This is perfect.

Alexandra and Aubrey left the restaurant and went back to their room. They were too wired to go home so they finished the champagne from the restaurant. Alexandra changed into a silk room and put her hair in a ponytail. When she came out of the humongous bathroom, she found Aubrey in the enormous living room on his iPhone. She went and sat on the couch beside him criss cross. She smiled and him and touched his curls.

Alexandra: I love you.

Aubrey put his phone on the coffee table and turned to her.

Aubrey: Not as much as I love you.

Alexandra covered her face.

Alexandra: Oh my god! What about your mom and dad?! Oh my god.

Aubrey touched her shoulder.

Aubrey: Stop. They're not gonna be mad.

[Flashback to Aubrey at dinner with his dad]

Aubrey had just showed his father a picture of Alexandra and told him the story of their relationship.

Dennis: She sounds like an amazing girl, son. Do you have any plans for the two of you?

Aubrey: I mean. I've literally written the songs about falling for someone too fast. She's different and I don't wanna scare her or mess things up. Things are perfect for right now.

Dennis: Aubrey, you're 26. You're young, you're successful, but I can also see that you want and need someone beside you to share your youth and success.

Aubrey thought about it. Once he pondered that, Alexandra walked up behind the two with a smile.

Alexandra (holding her hand out to the now standing Dennis): Hi, I'm Alexandra. Nice to meet you.

Aubrey introduced the two and they had dinner together.

[Now]

Aubrey: My dad loved you. He likes all my girlfriends but that's beside the point. I want to marry you. Not my mom, not my cousin, not my manager. Me. Aubrey.

He smiled and kissed her and opened her robe. Alexandra laughed out loud as Aubrey squeezed her bare sides pulling her closer to him. At this moment, his hands and smile were softer and sweeter and meant more to Alexandra. Everything about him was 100% sincere and genuine. A tear streamed down Alexandra's face as she giggled while kissing Aubrey. Aubrey kissed down her neck and took her over to their bed.

Later that night in bed Alexandra laid awake as Aubrey slept peacefully.

[In Alexandra's mind]

Alexandra stood in front of a full length mirror in a room full of flowers. She took a deep breath as she touched her, pinned (in a formal bun) and smooth now reddish brown hair. Her makeup was nude and soft and her lipstick was a rosy red. She smiled at herself and smoothed out her princess dress. The ruffles were soft and not too overshadowing and Alexandra looked truly like a princess. A princess ready for her ball. For her moment for life. She twirled around in her wedding gown giggling. The ecstasy of the best day of her life flashed across her face and was heard in her voice. It was like an angelic presence.

[Now]

The sound of her happy giggle faded as she thought. Alexandra grabbed her robe from the bed and went to the bathroom and ran the shower and sat in the back of it wondering how her and Aubrey could get married when he has such a high profiled life. She wasn't gonna make him end his career. She wasn't gonna make him slow his life down. She cried at how dumb and trapped she felt. She ran her fingers through her wet hair and cries a little harder. She spent all of 40 minutes in that shower.