|| 1️⃣|| Its unbecoming of a Williams to dance in the rain

Endure it willingly...
-------------—----------------------
It recently occurred to me that the world is one ghettoization of the average muggle normality and then there's us. Most muggles don't know we exist or think of us as aliens but really were are a large organization of magic folk, basically witches or wizards that live just like everyone else. But if you ask me there are two kinds of people in this world:

•The seeing and
•The believing

Most of the time you want to see something to believe it is real but what makes one special is the ability to just plainly believe something even if there's a slight chance you know it's not real, those are the best people.

Me well, I had no choice but to believe the rubbish my ever so patronizing parents grew up telling me about muggles. At first it was rather sad to know that there were people that didn't have magic and I wanted to stay away from them, but then I realized that they're not so different from us. Of course I would never tell my parents that or they'd pitch a fit. Other then the usual squabbles my mum and dad are my best friends.

Depressing is what you might be thinking. Well no one would enjoy the company of a girl who is terminally ill with social awkwardness or prefers books to boys. I sometimes wonder if I was meant to be a muggle or perhaps got switched at birth with the wrong set of parents. Seriously it's a nightmare having to live up to our family name however I'm glad I didn't get switched.

***

The room was moving

"Mum is this supposed to happen?" I inquire politely
"I'm afraid so Rosie, wizard colds are a lot harder to maintain if you're younger." She replies and goes out into the greenhouse to get the buckets.
"Just have to wait this one out again," I sniffle to myself and take seat on the couch. Thankfully the sitting room has officially stopped shaking so I can get some rest.

"Hey you haven't had colds since almost 4 moths now, that's an improvement." Mum tries to cheer me but all that does is make me feel more sick. I get ill...a lot you can tell, nobody knows why and nobody knows how to prevent them so that sucks.
Mum keeps saying my powers, as in the ability to do magic, are still adjusting but that help it just makes me feel abnormal.

My eyes slowly start drooping and I finally believe it's the time but since the universe loves me so much I wake up for absolutely no reason at all. I'm an insomniac. Basically just means I can't sleep, at all. I haven't been able to get a decent night's sleep since I was 5 (and now I'm 14 so 9 years with little to no sleep, fun) St. Mungo's didn't know what to with me because it was a muggle illness ,great just add that to my list of things wrong with me. What I do not understand is how I have insomnia for there isn't a single muggle in my family tree.

My parents thought it would be great if I actually tried to make an effort to getting friends in my first of Hogwarts so I devised a handbook specifically designed for lowlife's like me.

ROSIE WILLIAMS HANDBOOK ON:
Surviving Hogwarts
Authors note: This guide works from years 1-7 and will help you survive maintaining a social life so that you don't end up writing your own book like me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RULE 1: Make sure your parents raised you to be confident, if not find yourself some new ones.

RULE 2: Know everything you possibly can cram into your head about Quidditch. It will save you in the long run as a bonus.

RULE 3: As harsh as it may be Gryffindors and Slytherins will always be rivals and don't bother trying to change that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gave up on it in my 2nd year, mostly because it didn't interest me anymore. Sure I get targeted maybe once in a week if I'm lucky but otherwise I'm not fathomed by being noticed.

I decide to just go upstairs and sit on my reading bench wedged between the walls against the window while I read until dinner. Whilst indulged amidst the novel I hear tiny splashes. I look out to see the window has been ambushed with minute sized water drops, increasing in size as the rain progresses.

I utterly love rain. Rainy days are the best for reading and puddles are the great for stomping in. Most of all I love dancing in the rain. When I was younger Dad would say that rain meant that the sky was crying because the universe was upset at that time. I thought the only logical reason any toddler would think of is to cheer it up. I still believe that someone is upset somewhere so I go outside and do the only thing I'm good at, dance. I like it when the 'tears' fall onto my face and it feels like the sky is planting thousands of kisses on me.

I immediately leave the book on the bench and run downstairs to the foyer where my raincoat and wellingtons are. I slip into the boots and start buttoning my coat as I run towards the garden when I am frozen in place.

"Not this time sweetie, you're not well enough," came the voice from the body of the person I was dreading.
" But mum, if I were to die tomorrow at least I would have gotten the chance to dance in the rain one last time." I try to say which probably came out as gibberish.
"What if you didn't?" she answers with a smirk and unfreezes me, clever play mother, pretty clever indeed.
" Mum I will always be sick so can you please just let me go." I sigh knowing it's the harsh truth.
"Alright then, but have a little faith dear, it will pass." Mum kisses my forehead and flicks her wand, buttoning  up the remaining buttons on my coat.
"Of course." I smile and sprint for the garden.

First of you have to enter with a twirl stretching your arms out in a hug like gesture, letting the sky know your presence. Then you gracefully spin around the garden stomping as many puddles as you can. You don't need music, the rain has it's own rhythm. As the droplets become drizzles again you end of with your boldest moves and if you've cheered up the sky then a rainbow will appear.

It's quiet brilliant actually, the weather having emotions. I wish people were as easy to please.

***
(It's rather amusing that SA as in Socially Awkward also stand for were I'm from SA being South Africa. Obviously it was evident to be like that, oh well.

What do you guys think of Rosie. The wizarding world will come into view in the next chapter. This was just to get to know her and her life.)

Comment and vote if you asseblief (please)