||4️⃣|| It is clear that I will always be weird

**
First off I would just like to make notice of this truly brilliant artist and designer 'Kristina Webb'. Whose creations have influenced my stories by leaps and bounds.
**

For the first time in 4 years I'm not dreading Hogwarts.

I spend the next day packing my things for Hogwarts and enjoying the last few hours with my parents. My pet owl Maximus rests peacefully on one of his ledges in the living room. I sit on the left side of the table and my dad on the right while we play a last round of wizard chess. Dad has a couple of bruises on his left cheek from last night but other then that he looks healthy.

"What if I get a serious cold and something terrible happens?" ask trying to worm my way out of going. I'm still skeptical.
"Well then we'll just have to change our last names and pretend you're not ours." says dad with a sigh.
"Yes, yes I'm afraid so, these 14 years have been fun but we can't afford to be seen with you anymore." mum adds on coming and joining us at the chess table.

"Daaaad," I groan," I'm being serious."
"So are we," says mum," you will be fine, I promise."
"I promise to write often," I say looking at Maximus.

"Well I hope not, now that you've got friends I'd expect you to almost forget about us." says Dad with a frown.
"You two are the weirdest set of parents I've ever come across." I giggle. I'm going to miss them so much.

***

The morning air brings on a chill so I settle on wearing:

I remember to put on my lucky charm necklace of a silver rose (ironically close cliché but I think it's beautiful) that my mother gave me when I was little and frankly it's the only item on me that will ever remind me of home

I shake loose my long curly brown hair before placing my all time favorite black hat (I don't know why but my head feels naked without one).

Time for another painfully boring year at school...

The Hogwarts Express slowly comes into view as I well my trolley with luggage through the wall of platform 9 & 10
from Kings Cross Station. I wonder if they've stocked new books at the library...

"-and remember try not to owl us anytime soon." says dad as he finishes off what must have been a really boring farewell speech.

***

I manage to find an empty compartment, well it became empty after everyone in it decided to leave as soon as I came (oh well better for me) and took out my yet another book.

"Excuse me but do you mind if we-" I look up to find the source of the voice, "oh it's you Rosie, didn't recognize you behind that book." continued Hermione Granger.
"Don't mind us, everywhere else was full." And they happily make themselves comfortable with Ron sitting next to me and Harry and Hermione on the other side.
I just continue reading, making no noise but glancing up every now and then.