*~Chapter 2: "Packing Up"~*

Previously, on Can We Be More Than This?...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mom...Whats going on?" I asked, crossing my arms behind my back.

"Tassia, you know how many of your older siblings already moved out?...Well, the mortgage is getting too high, just for our small little group. So, your father and I...W-we found a house, that fits just for us."

"Mom...?"

"Tassia...We're moving."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ And so it continues~~~~~~~~

"M-Moving?" I put on an astonished face, then I realized.

The multiple boxes I've been seeing, the random people I see who leave my house whenever I go to the library, and many more added up to one thing. We..were moving. We were leaving the home where I grew up in, had cherished times in, and where I met my internet friends. Right here. All in this house.

"Mom, I don't understand, why didn't you tell me anything?"

My mom let out a sigh, and sat down in my table chair. "I assumed you already knew. All the hints being laid down, I thought you put the pieces together.But when I saw you look confused when Finn told you goodbye, I figured out to tell you. Heh...its amazing how he found out you didn't know before me." She chuckled nervously, then placed her head in her hand.

I shook my head, and let out a deep breath. "How could I be so dense? The answer was literally right in front of my face..."

"I'm really sorry, sweetie. I should've at least made sure you knew what was going on...I was wondering why you weren't packing yet."

I twiddled with my fingers. "How long till we move?"

"A week. I'm mainly done with my room, I just need to fill in one more box. I'll help you with your stuff." My mom answered.

"Okay...But first, can I tell my online friends? I wouldn't want them to worry, why I won't be answering in the chat on the day we move."

"Of course. Go right ahead. We'll talk more when you have finished."

I walked out the room and into my own, rubbing my temples. Moving?...But where? Does this mean I'll have to join a public school? Be the new girl?...

"I need some advice...like right now." I said, sitting down in my chair and logged onto my group chatroom. Perfect, everyone was online.

Violet.Tas: Hey guys, so...I just found out that I'm moving...in a week. And I think I may have to attend a public school. Any advice?

Evan_Darling: Whoa...I can't imagine how hard it must be to leave the home you grew up in. Okay, if you are attending a public school, just be yourself.

Rabe~Lily: And whatever you do. Don't. I repeat don't! Eat the free lunch. It'll look like roadkill.

Violet.Tas: 😂. Wow okay, just a head's up, in case I can't text through the plane ride or anything.

Queenie_G: We understand Tas. Where ya moving to anyway?

I froze...How did I leave without even asking where I was moving too? "Mom!"

"Yes honey?"

"Where are we moving to?"

"California."

Damn, thats like...far from New Jersey, but hey I like palm trees so, it's a win-lose kinda thing.

Violet.Tas: California

Then, Evan sent a voice message, along with Lily typing out squeals. "Oh my gosh Tassia. We live in California! We could finally see what we look like."

A smile emerged on my face, and I let out a little giggle. After I typed my response, I told the group that I was going to finish up packing. Saying my goodbyes, I logged out of my account and turned around in my chair.

"Now...Where do I begin first?" I scanned my room, looking at the various boxed my mom placed in my room. "I should start with my closet, then my trinkets, and um...see where I go from there." I got up, and picked up a box, then begin stuffing it with clothes and whatnot.

"Oh boy...this might take a while..."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I inhaled a huff of air, and wiped some sweat away from my brow. My room looked less full than it did in the beginning, my closet almost bare with only a few sweaters and T-shirts, and my drawers had enough pants for me to last until we move.

"How we doing here, Tassia?" My mom walked in,scanning my room. "Looks like your pretty good so far. I just finished up with the kitchen stuff, pretty soon, this house will look abandoned." She joked, taking a few of my boxes. "You got the clothes you need to survive the week?"

"Yeah I do. But um, do you mind if a take a little nap? I'm exhausted." I pleaded.

My mom nodded, then closed the door behind her. I plopped down on my bed, and looked at the ceiling.

Was I really ready to leave my childhood home? Where I learned, grew up, and had memories with?

Suddenly, I heard a ping that came from my phone. I unlocked it to see it was a twitter notification from Evan, stating how pshyed he was to see me in a week. Smiling, I wrote a reply, then put my phone down.

'Yeah...Maybe I am ready to leave Jersey and start a new life...and maybe...A new school.' I thought as my eyes began to get droopy.