~*Chapter 4: "The Hotel California"

Previously on Can We Be More Than This?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My mom and I smiled at eachother, and looked out the window.

Goodbye New Jersey...California, here I come...
***
I stared at the picture on my laptop, and grinned slightly. "Well then what are we waiting for! Let's go see our Taissa!"

"Evan?...We can't excatly do that yet..."

"And why not?"

"One, it's 4 in the morning, and you still look a bit too tired to drive. Two, she won't be here until around 9 or so...And three...Your still in your sleepwear."

"Oh...Righhhtt..." I leaned into my chair, and looked up at the ceiling.

"I will see you soon Tas..."

"Who are you talking too?"

"I'm thinking out loud Miss.Day! Plus...I'm still a bit tired."

"Ms.Day?..."

"I dunno your a morning person so...the nickname Ms.Day was born~!"

"Get some rest Evan..."

"I will...Wake me up at 7 am."
~~~~~~~~~~~~And So It Continues~~~~~~~~~~
*This is told in Taissa's P.O.V by the way*

You can only imagine the struggle it was on that plane ride. There was a baby crying it's eyes out, a mother nagging her son to pick up his pants, some guy snoring his life away, ugh. It was just terrible, I tell ya. But, at least we've landed.

"Taissa, do you want anything to eat while we're here?" My mom asked. Currently we were at the airport's food court center, she was buying some snacks to eat since the airline food was horrible. "Like a candy or something?..."

"Oh um...Maybe a Sour Patch Kids? Do you mind if I wait I by the seats? I'm a bit worn out." I chuckled at her, and she nodded in response. I walked my way towards an empty seat, and unlocked my phone. I received at least 10 notifications. 5 from the group chat I was in, and 5 other from Evan, one being just recently. "Turn around..." I read it out loud, and looked behind me, my eyes widened in shock.

At least 4 feet away, there stood Lily, and another person, smiling brightly at me. I ran towards them, ignoring my mom's protests to stop. "Taissa!" They both shouted and ran towards me, making the scene look like it just came straight out of a movie.

"Tai!" Lily tackled me into a big hug, wrapping her arms around me. "Finally! I get to see you!" The male behind her stood awkwardly, but still had a smile on his face.

"Lily, whose your friend?" I asked, slightly pushing her off of me. Her eyes widened and she let out a slight squeal, pushing the brunette towards me. "Oh...um...Hi!"

"Um...Hey! Oh my gosh, sorry I'm still not used to seeing your face, it's all a heavy process." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. Then it hit me. How could I have been so stupid.

"Evan?!" He nodded, and stretched out his arms. I gave him a tight hug, before separating, a huge smile on my face. I've never imagined Evan to look like this. Sure, I've heard he's dyed his hair multiple times, ranging from brown, to blonde, black, and even blue once! "It's so nice to finally see you up close in person!"

"Likewise! We're gonna have so much fun together!" He cheered, as Lily nodded in agreement.

"Taissa! Why did you–Oh who are these people?" My mom asked, holding a huge black bag, possibly filled with Ramen cups and chips and what not.

"Mom this is Evan and Lily. You know, my friends I met online that I told you about?" Her face widened in shock, but that quickly changed to one of happiness.

"Oh really?! You simply must come over to our new place!"

"But don't you guys need to unpack?" Lily asked. "We don't want to be much trouble."

"Oh nonsense, the place we live in is already packed!" We all shot her a look of confusion. "I mean we live in a hotel. The name...it was Hotel Cortez! I sorted everything out through the Internet so all we have to do is unpack the necessities the Hotel didn't offer, which we'll do tomorrow. For now, please just join us!"

"Hotel Cortez?! No way, I live there! I'm on the 3rd floor!" Evan exclaimed. "Definitely I'll be there! Kinda have to...it is my home."

"Really? I always assumed you lived under a rock." Lily smirked, causing Evan to playfully punch her in the arm. "But yeah I'm in too!

"Well then...Let's get going! I'll call a cab–"

"No Tai, I brought my car! All you need to do is call the moving truck, come now!"

~~~

"No way...This is where we live?" I asked, shocked at the beautiful entrance of the hotel.

"Yeah, you'll get over it soon. It'll look like a junk place once you get used to it." Evan sighed. The moving trucks were stuck in a heavy traffic. "But, hey, you guys specified you wanted two bedroom right?"

"Yes I filled that out online, stating this will be where I live and yada-yada." My mom stated, as she walked up to the check in desk.

"So Taissa, are you still going to be homeschooled?...I know you asked us for advice on public schools, but–"

"Most likely, I will attend public. I mean, I hope I do. Maybe then I could experience this torture you guys go through everyday." I chuckled, cutting Lily off.

"She says that now, but watch, she'll be begging to be homeschooled soon." Evan snickered, causing me to playfully smack him on his shoulder. "Ouch...Now that hurts."

"Okay guys." My mom said coming back to us. "Come along now, everything is all set, let's go see our room!"

"That check-in sure took a long time, Mom." I stated, as we all walked into the elevator.

"Hey, it's the Hotel Cortez. They always take long for check in's." Evan laughed, causing all of us to join in with him.

Maybe living in California won't be so bad.

[Author's Note: I am so sorry for making you guys wait so long. I had this mega writer's block for this story. I hope you all like the chapter and again, I am so sorry for making you all wait this long for it.]