Chapter 22 - Paranoia

J U L I A N N A

"Niklaus!" The booming voice echoes through the house causing me to jump up, awake in alert.

"Julianna!" The same voice calls out again. Elijah, to be exact. He and Rebekah must have barely returned. I scramble out of Klaus' bed, which we managed to move to in a blur last night. I wrap the red satin sheet around me and get out of bed to start looking for some clothes before Elijah or Rebekah find out where we are. As soon as I get off the bed, I feel Klaus' arm wrap around mine and pull me back onto the mattress.

"Nik, I need to put my clothes back on. In case you haven't noticed, I'm completely naked and I would rather much have clothes on when either one of your siblings walk in," I scold him and he lets ago.

"I have noticed, I just prefer you without clothes," Klaus chuckles cheekily and falls back into the fluffy pillow beneath his head

"By the way, your undergarments are scattered across the living room," Klaus smugly smiles, "might as well just stay in bed with me."

I huff and roll my eyes, pulling the satin sheet tighter against my body. Before I can do anything else, the door swings open and Elijah walks in with a not so surprised look.

"Why am I not surprised?" Elijah sighs, "Julianna, please undo whatever spell you put on Kol."

"I was just about to do that," I point out. I speed out of the room and into the living room. I easily find my clothes and go into the bathroom. Without wasting time, I'm putting on my clothes in a messy rush. I make a mental note to myself to shower later. When I step out of the bathroom, Elijah is with Klaus, standing over Kol's body on the ground and Rebekah is sitting cross-legged on the sofa with a magazine in her hand, completely calm with the situation.

"I suppose I will find out why Kol is in this state when he awakens," Elijah crosses his arms and eyes wonder in suspicion between Klaus and I.

"Evigilare faciatis," I snap my fingers and Kol's eyes jolt open with a large gasp in take of breath and he's rushing to his feet. Once Kol's eyes land on Klaus, I can feel his change in emotion. He lunges for Klaus but luckily, Elijah pulls him back.

"Julianna, would you kindly explain to me exactly happened in the time being that I wasn't present?"

"Well," I take a deep breath and sit on a stool to start my story, "Kol and I were here alone. It started off fine, just sitting around and talking. Then he asked me to dance, and I agreed because dancing is harmless."

I look up at Kol and his eyes are focused on the ground. He's deep into thought and I could tell by the grim look on his face.

"Then when he spun me, we got really close and then I saw it, that look in his eyes. The same look Niklaus gives me," I take a deep breath, "love."

"I see," Elijah crosses his arms and caresses the scruff on his jaw, "elaborate what happened next."

"I told him I don't love him the way I love Klaus. He tried explaining to me, insulting Klaus, anything for me to give him a chance. Then he kissed me, and that's when Klaus walked in. Then it all blew up from there, punches were thrown and a big argument just spilled. That's when I put the spell on him and Klaus and I made up."

I could feel Kol's stare on me, and I could feel his presence full of sorrow. The room is quiet, and the only thing you can hear is the sound of Kol speeding out of the room.

"Julianna, I need you to go after him and make sure he does not do anything foolish," Elijah orders," I'll stay here with Niklaus." I nod and speed out of the room in a blur to begin my search for Kol.