8.

The first couple times and t went completely like a flop. I missed the target so many times. I throw another one and it misses again. "Pff." I hear Cam laugh next to me. I stick my tongue out to him. In my eye corner I can see Nadine. Her face is mad. She throws her knives out of frustration. Why is she so mad about seeing Cam and me? I shake my head and continue throwing. It's still not going well. I keep throwing, but the next one falls on the ground. "Pathetic..." I hear Eric's cold voice say behind me. I turn around. "Go get it." He says with crossed arms. "No." I spit. Eric frowns and his face turns mad. "Okay... Let's do it the other way. You go stand in front of the target." I start to panic. So they are going to throw knives at me now...? "Eric, this is not part of the r-..." Four starts, but Eric cuts him off. "No, Four. That's the new rule at knife throwing. You work against, you're target..." Eric says, still looking at me. I sigh, and walk over to the board. "Let's see..." Eric says. "Sharon. Get over here." No. He is not going to make Sharon throw them. She'd throw right trough my head, even by accident. I stand in front of the target, while Sharon grabs the knives with an evil grimace. "If you flinge, you're out." Eric says. "Go." He then says to Sharon. Sharon nods, still with her smile. Sharon draws back her hand, with the knife ready I see the need of wanting to kill me in her eyes, but also her always look of arrogance. I swallow, and wait.
A shock goes through my body as the knife hits the board next to me, but I won't flinge. If I flinge, I'm out. I see a failing glare into Sharon's eyes, but she simply grabs the next knife. She draws back her hand again and throws. Another shock. Only it hit the board next to my shoulder with my tattoo on it. Sharon gets mad, and grabs the last one. She draws it back. Oh shit. Her anger. Don't flinge. Don't flinge. Don't flinge. A pain goes through my right shoulder, but I still won't move. She cut my right shoulder. It hurts. Gosh it hurts. But I don't know why I am not moving. Sharon has a little face of victory, but walks away with a sad face anyways. I think she is sad that she didn't kill me.
As everyone left, I am able to move again. Cam runs up to me and keeps me up, as I hold the wound. It's bleeding. And it's big. "You okay?" Cam asks, keeping me up. "I'm fine." I spit. I don't know why I answered so rude. Maybe because of him I hurt my friend who I have been friends with since childhood. And I met him in middle school. He had been flirting with me a lot since then, and for some reason I went more with Cam. I think I left Nadine alone then. I understand that. I stood up for Nadine when the Dauntless used to push her in the hallways from school. One said: "Are you sure you are in the right faction, farmer girl?" I didn't know what it meant back then, but now I do. If I was actually Dauntless. And now I see why I dared to stand up for her. Back then I was friends with Maisie, Bryan and Grace already. Cameron and Charity joined much later. Yes. Cameron. I met Charity when I volunteered for her to take over her kitchen schedule when she was sick. She thanked me a lot and I asked her to sit with Nadia, Maisie, Bryan, Grace and me. She nodded. She said she didn't have any friends, even though Amity is the friendly faction. Where people are supposed to let people in. Since then, we are friends. Cameron joined later. I 'accidently' bumped into him in middle school, when I wanted to step into the bus. He kept staring at the, what actually was kind of cute. The next morning, I saw him again in the cafeteria, with the singing people. He was playing the small little banjo. I don't know, but since then I have to admit that I liked him a little...
I shake up out of my thoughts. I didn't know they put me down on a bench. "You okay?" Four asks. I nod. "I'm fine. It's just a scratch." But Four doesn't believe it and grabs my arm. "Just a scratch?!" He asks with his eyebrows lifted. Pain goes through my arm and I bite my lip not to cry. "Hey, let go of her now." Cam says. "Cam, keep it in please." Calvin says, who I guess who helped them putting me on the bench. "Sharon is a bitch." I sigh. "I'm gonna get something for that." Four says, while looking at my wound. I nod, and as he walks away, only Cam, Calvin and Quin are standing there. "Are you okay?" Quin asks. I nod, but Cam pushes her away. "Of course she isn't, nerd." He says, embittered. "Cam!" I spit, almost yelling. Cam is clearly shocked from my reaction, and heads back a little. "I am fine, Quin." I say. Quin nods. "She indeed is a bitch." Calvin says. I nod. "Yup. And tomorrow I have to fight her. Yay, welcome to Dauntless." I say, sarcastic. And they all stand there for a while, a little awkward, until Four comes back. He has something in his hands that looks like bandage. While he puts it around my arm, I can see how Cam slowly walks away but still his eyes focused on me. "Done." Four says, and I didn't even realize Four put the bandage around my arm already.