Let me go.: Aries (m) x Pisces (f)

Requested by: theyoungestoftwo

My first one-shot!! I'm so hyped for this. Request on the request page! (^O^)

-:-

"This is absurd." She whines, the sounds of a chair, scraping across a wooden surface can be heard.

It's s dark Saturday evening, like any usual day, except.. Things hadn't been going so smoothly. Pisces stands alone, her dimly lit living room which illuminates her crestfallen state.

Outside, the rain beats upon the icy glass where the girl rests the palm of her hand. The chills running across her fingertips like electricity. The busy cars speed underneath her like strobe-lights. The city life was always going to be a bit too much for a small town person.

But where was he?

She sighs. Unspoken words balancing on her tongue like spikes of poison she'd swallowed through out her whole life, it was as if her heart was tinted green with redundancy. Nobody really understands her and who she is.

That's alright.

Her own voice crackles in her head like a broken vinyl. A ghostly taunt of what she has inside her empty heart. It yearns for peace and the closure of happiness.

The door clicks open and her head spins from her window she's been gazing out of, as she searched through her mind. In the distance, the glow of the outside landing flows into the room. The very person she's been waiting for stands there, his sodden hair drips down to his neck in uneven stripes.

"Hello." She utters, her voice remains sullen, as if she was at a funeral. "Nice of you to show up." His tired eyes male their way up to her, immediately he groans, his head makes contact with the hallway wall.

"Hi?" He speaks up, sarcastically. "I'm glad to see me too, seeming as I live here. Thanks for stating the obvious."

The sharp tone inflicts pain onto the numbness that revolves around Pisces, who's trying to be considerate of both their feelings. As if the tears had not made their way down her pale face already, then they were surely coming.

"Y-Yeah.. But Aries-" She begins. Looking away, quietly.

"No buts. Pisces. I don't want to do this tonight." His fingers find his way to the buttons of his dark coat, he avoids eye-contact with her. He shivers slightly, needing nothing but sleep and dreams to chase away the silence of his lover.

"Aries." She starts again. "Please..." Her feet begin the patter towards the boy. She touches his shoulder but he flinches, taking them both by surprise.

"I told you to leave it!" He hisses. "I don't want to deal with this. I'm tired."

Her hand extracts immediately, it falls to her side in defeat. She nods. It was done. She's waited so long and she finally understands that he doesn't love her anymore. He brushes past her, without so much as a glance. His feet make their way to the bedroom opposite where they had both stood. She feels his breath against her neck as he passes .

She hears him. And the floorboards. The door.

"I love you." She cries out, the pressure beats against her ribs as she shocks herself. Pisces is emotionally stable. Sure, there's a lot of them. But she's a girl who stows her second thoughts away. Into a neat little box which nobody could pry open.

He stops dead in this tracks. The bump of the door against the wall breaks the deathly silence. The irregular breaths from her can be heard from all corners as she breaks away from reality. Losing herself.

His eyes grow wide. His back faces her. She turns to him slowly, her head to the ground. It's where she wants to lay right now. Crystalline tears trace down her tinted cheeks as she squeezes her eyes shut. The sniffles and sobs cracked at her own heart as realisation crosses her.

He doesn't love you.

"You cared, didn't you? Please tell me you once cared."

The voice feels alien. As if it isn't her.

"You used to care about me, you can't have not loved me." She persists. Her voice is barely audible anymore. As if talking to herself rather then him.

"I love you, is there something wrong with me?"

She repeats, her voice grows frantic, searching for something in him.

His shaky hands are held against his chest as he stays frozen, searching for the right words to express his emotions. Aries was never one to do what boyfriends were meant to do. To cherish, to love, to desire. It was as if he weren't taught it as a young boy.

"I-" He inhales a breath which burns at his throat and lungs.

"I've always cared."

She stops. Her blood-shot eyes ate watery and dishevelled hair, twisting around her shoulders. They meet his warm ones.

"I can't stop caring about someone so beautiful. Someone so important. Someone i'm not appreciating enough." He confesses. His hands are everywhere, anxiety crawling up his throat and dangling out his mouth in drips of desperation.

"I don't know why i'm doing this. I don't understand what i'm doing." He mutters. "All this time and i'm looking past what matters most to me."

Her eyes are wide, like saucepans. She clutches the fabric of her cardigan.

"I'm pretty fucked up." He carries on. "I'm so sorry. Pisces. You don't even deserve to be with someone as horrid as me." His eyes search her perplexed face, which is softening.

"I met you, I fell head over heels for you because we both were mis-understood. Somebody as perfect.." His eyes tingle with anguish and sorrow.

"Perfect." Aries repeats. "As you. I can't describe how much.. I love you. I'm sorry." His voice cracks. Making Pisces jump slightly.

Aries crying for Pisces. How entertaining. This was the boy I fell in love with.

Somehow, even on the darkest hour, of the darkest day. The girl finds a smile on her lips. The smallest of smiles. But it makes the biggest of impacts. It had dawned upon her as he talked, that Aries is not the furious, aggressive Ram she had grown to be wary around as the days grew old.

But a human being with an adorable personality and eyes you could get lost in, the boyish smile and perfection she craves. His irises, like whirlpools of wishes and unfathomable feelings.

"Thank you." She replies. They walk towards each other. Their gazes interlocked. The words escape her mouth like a dirty secret. He looks down at her, confused.

"For being an asshole?" He looks away.  As if embarrassed of himself. She merely giggles.

"No. You nerd!" Her smile grows wider.

"For giving me the confidence to do this." She leans in and kisses him. His chilled lips meet her chapped ones in surprise.

It feels like in this contact, he sees who she really is.

Somebody he can't lose.

"Don't ever let me go."

-:-

OK UMM IT'S AN OK FIRST ONE-SHOT BUT EHHH HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT !