Oncoming Storm:. Taurus (m) x Taurus (f)

-:-

-:-

She was always the girl who caught
my eye.

Whether it was her smile on a cool Saturday evening, when the leaves were brown and curled to those 3am conversations where she cried on my shoulder about all her second thoughts. It just made me want to embrace the empty void inside me when she wasn't near me.

Everything about her made no sense to anybody else. But to me, she was everything I could understand.

-:-

But let's start from the beginning...

(Months ago...)

"Dude. You need to quit ignoring me when i'm telling you about something that could change your life!" I'm shaken by my friend, Gemini.

"Wha.." I trail off, clouded in my thoughts still. "Oh.. Um. Shoot." I mumble, resting my head on the oak table, watching two birds dance around us. We're outside. It's a nice afternoon in the school's park area. I sit on the seat, it's just us there. Apart from the odd group of high-schoolers which walk past us.

"I found out.. And you're never gonna believe this." He sniggers. "There's another person called Taurus who joined this school!" It takes a moment to process.

What?

"O-Oh.." Strange. I'd always thought that the name Taurus would have been considered unusual. Maybe i'd thought wrong.

"There you go again. Ignoring me. I'm not done you know?" He carries on blabbing to me. "Everyone's been talking about them. Apparently they're super-rich."

"Have you even seen them around?"

"Nope!" He pops the p, taking a bite out of his apple. "But maybe we could go say hi? Then I could have two friends called Taurus. That's pretty Twitter worthy." He pats the side of his trousers, signalling his phone.

I resist an eye-roll and sigh.

"Alright. Where could they be?"

Gemini scans the area, as if they would be here now. "Mm..." He pauses, "Not too sure actually. It's a pretty big place."

"Nice going, Captain Obvious." I mutter. "Let's try the plains. Most kids go there for lunch. Maybe he'll be wondering around."

"Good idea!"

So we set off to the grassy area just around the corner.

"Wait." I stop him as he marches off in determination. "Do we even know what he looks like?"

"Ah." He turns to me, lost for words. "Good point." 

"Maybe we can ask around." He finally states, turning and walking off before I can protest. I grumble and trudge after him.

-:-

I hear Taurus grumble behind me as I practically drag him to the field, in search for this new person. He seemed so negative of the situation, I almost wanted to ask him what was up. But I didn't. Taurus never appreciated my on going questions, especially about himself.

We're good friends and all, but he never really opens up to me. Sure, I caught on to all those little things about him, like what he likes to eat, or his favourite colour, even the fact that he bites his lip when he lies about things. But nothing else.

I respect that about him though. Maybe one day he'll find someone to tell all these things to.

Someone who will watch the stars with him and tell him it'll be okay. I want all the best for my little Taury. As quiet as he is, I always sense an oncoming storm around him.

He's always so misunderstood.

-:-

"Hey, look!" Gemini screams as he points over to the benches. There's a girl sitting by herself, she's glaring down at a sheet, frowns scratched onto her pale face. I'd never seen her before, but she seemed confused.

"Hi! I'm Gemini, nice to meet you! I was wondering if you'd seen a guy called Taurus? New person?"

"Speaking."

"What? No? I'm looking for Taurus. T-A-U- oh.."

He pauses, a crooked smile winds up to him as he mutters.

"Ha.. One second Miss!~" He gushes to me.

"Dude! He's a she!" He whisper-yells right next to her.

I cover his mouth quickly. She glances up, irritated by the sudden noise and interruption. "Uhh.." She packs her books into her rucksack. "Nice to meet you, I think.."

"Sorry about him.." Her eyes meet mine and I seem to find a whole world behind them. Like a mystery waiting to be discovered. I feel a surge of confidence skim through me, missing a beat of my heart. "I'm Taurus."

"Okay.. I know my name is strange but you don't have to be rude-"
"No.. My name is Taurus. We have the same name." I explain quickly as she fidgets, doubting me. I take my school ID out and show it to her,

"See!" She pauses.
"I see." A smile drips onto her features. "Well it's nice to meet you Taurus."
"Same to you."

A brief second passes as thoughts cloud our minds.

"I'd love to talk but Leo wanted to meet me somewhere, she said she had a gift for me."

"What?!" Gemini exclaims. "No! It's trap! She'll totally embarrass you in front of everyone. She always does with new kids."

"Taurus!" A shrill voice squeaks.

(Sorry to all Leos...)

Both our heads turn to see a sparkly Leo strutting towards us, pink blinded me as she and her sidekicks rolled up. Her perfect hair tumbling down her shoulders in blonde streaks.

"Hey Taurus! And.. Oh. Taurus." She laughs like a maniac. "That just makes it all the more easy! Babes.." She grips onto her arm. "You should totally come with me right now so we can give you that super cute shirt I was meaning to give you!" Taurus' breath hitched as she looks at me. I return a similar look.

Don't do it.

I wasn't planning to.

"Uhh.. No thanks. I just bought the same shirt today. Thank you anyway!" She chirps and readjusts her bag, balancing the other books under her arm.

Leo flinches.

"Ugh. Okay. That's fine!" She plasters a huge smile onto her face. "See you around. Kisses!" Her eyes are burning with hellfire but she just pushes past me and spots Gemini.

"OMG! Gemi, babe! You never called me back!" She rushes towards him, his head snaps up and begins running away. "You know you love me!"

"I told you!" His voice cried. "I'm gay!"

Taurus and I burst out laughing as the echoing of heals and tears fade out.

"Guess we're on the same boat." I smile. "Want me to show you around?"

"I'm looking forward to high school." She breathes in. "It's just like an oncoming storm. I'll probably survive."

I offer my arm and she links hers to mine as we head to the main area, talking about our similarities.

-:-