About That..

Johnny's P.O.V.

Wow. Is all I could process.

Grace's P.O.V.

7:03am. Monday. School. Johnny. Knows. Kiss. Why. WhY would I do that. It was cool at the moment. Glory the kid probably thinks I'm nuts.
But I mean, I don't blame him.

I lay in bed debating whether or not I should actually go to school. My alarm goes off again and I take that as a sign. I throw on whatever and start walking to school. I'm going to be late but I'm almost always late and no one really notices. So I mean, who's counting right?

Sunday was kinda just a bunch of me laying in bed replaying everything that happened in my head, like it was a movie. I kept feeling the need to get up and go see Johnny or something. But I kept convincing myself it would be really awkward. And now, with school, I don't really have much of a choice.

I think I hear a voice almost say my name. I turn around and nothing. Maybe I really am nuts.

When I get there, I push the doors open to the school and walk in casually. Oh boy, here goes nothing.

I'm walking in the hallway when I see Mrs. Satan's class. Credits to Ponyboy for that one. I slowly brace myself for what I'm afraid of. Embarrassment. I walk in and take a seat. Why isn't Johnny here? Maybe he's trying to avoid me. Or he doesn't like me. Not that he has to. Oh my goodness.

I put my head down practically overthinking every scenario possible. Drowned in my thoughts I feel something pecking at me. How'd a bird get in here? I wonder. Then I realize its just somebody tapping me. I look up. I knew it.

Johnny's P.O.V.

I decided not to go to school today. It's not that I didn't want to see Grace because I did. I'm actually just scared. What if she changed her mind or the kiss was just a gesture. Well even if it was, it was probably the best moment of my life.

I decide to walk to the Curtis house because I definitely wanna be anywhere but home. When I get there I walk in and sit on the couch. I sigh and Soda walks in, ready to leave for work, I guess Pony hasn't left yet either.

"Come on Pone you're gonna be late for school!" Soda calls out.

"I'm coming! Go on!" Ponyboy yells back.

Soda sighs and then spots me on his way out. "Oh hey Johnny cakes!"
Then he pauses. "Are you not going to school today?"

I glance to the side and say no.

"How come?" He continues.

"It's a long story." I say.

"Well," Soda says as he's halfway out the door, "If you need anything, ya know, just come to the DX."

"Ok, thanks Soda." He smiles and walks out.

"Oh there you are bone head." Soda says to Steve outside. I laugh.

Then I hear Darry. "Hey speaking of you boneheads, where's the 3rd one?"

"Uh standing right in front of us." Steve points at Darry.
I watch out the window at them. Then Ponyboy sits right next to me.

"Oh hey Johnny what am I missing?"

"Not much. Except for everyone looking for you." I point out the window.

"Oh," He laughs, "Well guess I better get going. You're not going today Johnny?"

Again I say no. "Well why not. Come on we can just be late together."

"Thanks Pone but-.. actually," I suddenly decide maybe Pony can help me with Grace.

"Heck, you know what I'll go." I get up and start walking towards the door.

"I knew you'd come along!" Pony says sounding accomplished.

"Yeah, yeah." I laugh.

We decide to walk because Soda, Steve, and Darry were too busy arguing to notice. As we start walking I ask Pony a question.
"Hey Pony, if you really liked someone, and you found out they like you too. What would you do?"
I decide to keep the kiss part to myself.

He stops in his tracks and looks at me with a sideways look,
"Is this about Grace by any chance?"

"Err.. no. I'm just wondering. I mean you like Cherry so what would you do if you found out she liked you?"

He continues walking and looks up, "Glory, I'd feel like a million dollars," He smiles, "But I'd take the opportunity real quick like."

Hm. That gives me an idea. "Thanks Pone that's good advice."

He looks at me again, "And you're 100% sure this isn't about Grace?"

"Yes." I say as firmly as possible.

"Well if you say so," He chuckles, "Hey! Speaking of Grace!"
He points ahead of us. Oh no. I wouldn't expect her to be late. But then again, I'm always the last one to class because I'm late most days.

"GRA---" I push Pony and myself behind a bush. I hear footsteps stop and then continue walking. Glory, was that close.

"Ow! What was that for Johnny!" Pony says. "Sorry Pone, but there's more to the story that I'll explain later." I say as I help him up as soon as I see her turn the corner.

"I've got time." He glares at me. I sigh.

I end up explaining the whole story that happened Saturday after we were at the lot. Pony looked really smug the entire time I was talking.

"There. Are you happy now?" I ask almost exhausted as we walk in the school.

"Yes because I knew two things. For one, I knew it involved Grace and for two," He pauses, "I knew it would happen."

I smile, "Thanks Ponyboy."

There it is. Mrs. Salzburg's classroom. I prepare myself to walk in and when I do I see Grace in my seat with her head down. What? I walk in passing satan as Pony calls her and I tap Grace, here goes nothing.

She looks up and smiles. "Oh h-hey Johnny!" She says excitedly.

"H-hi Grace." I smile at her. She smiles again.

"N-not t-that it matters but how come you're in my seat?" She has wide eyes and blushes.
But, then she says, "Well I've decided to be Johnny today." She laughs.

"Well I guess I'll just have to be Grace today." I laugh and sit in her seat.

Graces P.O.V.

How does one incorrectly sit in a seat. I feel so stupid, at least he was cool about it. It was cute actually. But still that was a stupid way of trying to keep my dignity. Let's see if I even have any left by the end of this class, let alone a week.

This chapter is a longer one guys hope y'all liked it ;) ~Xo~