Chapter 2 - Who Was He?

Hermione

Hermione barely made the train. She had lost her Norse Mythology book, and wouldn't leave for Hogwarts without it. She sat down in a booth with Harry and Ron, by the window.

"We were starting to worry," Ron said sarcastically.

"Couldn't find by book." she explained.

Ron nodded.

Hermione's mind started to wander to the day she was in Diagon Alley. The guy who elbowed her, got her book for her, and made her laugh. He was, in her opinion, cute. Black, slicked back hair, frost-colored eyes, and a seductive smirk. But who was he? Why was he wearing a black cape?

The entire ride she spent reading her Norse Mythology book and thinking about the black-haired stranger, except when Harry went to spy on Draco. She thought about him throughout dinner too. All she could think about was his smile. It was perfect. And she hated herself because she didn't know a thing about him.

Hermione couldn't sleep. The stranger was still implanted in her brain, and she couldn't get him out of her mind. Classes start tomorrow, she thought. I'll forget about him then.

And she did, for the most part. She dug into her classes, but the stranger haunted the back of her mind. She mainly focused on Defense Against the Dark Arts. Since Snape became the teacher for Defense Against the Dark Arts, a lot of homework was assigned.

Hermione was getting picked on by Malfoy more than ever. He would call her names(like mudblood), knock books out of her arms, take her things, and lock her in closets. However, Luna was always there to help get her out of the closets, get her things back, and pick up her books.

Loki

Malfoy infuriated Loki. Loki didn't know why Malfoy would do such horrible things to such a brilliant person. So Loki did horrible things to him from Asgard, like make his homework disappear the day it was due, make him vomit slugs, and even changed his hair color to red and gold once, which infuriated the Slytherins and Snape.

Loki saw Hermione's talents in Charms, Transfiguration, and in Dumbledore's Army. He was mesmerized by her patronus, the otter.

One day, when he was watching over her while she is in Transfiguration, and Thor walks into his room.

"What are you doing Loki?"

Loki looked up from the Mirror. "If you must know I'm watching over someone."

"Who?"

"A mortal by the name of Hermione, I met her when I went to the mortal world."

"Is that so?"

"She's amazing, intelligent, beautiful, I could go on all day."

"I see."

"Do you need something?"

"No. I just wanted to know what you were doing," said Thor, then he left.

Loki looked back at the Mirror. Hermione was in the courtyard, sitting alone, reading the Norse Mythology book, and was reading the Loki chapter.

Loki smirked, and waved his hand.

Next to Hermione, a small model of Asgard appeared. It was about 12" long, 12" wide, and 10" tall, and had a ton of detail, down to the last window, leaf, or stripe on the Bifrost Bridge. It was on a silver podium, and was labeled Asgard.

Hermione looked over and saw it on the bench. She picked it up, examining it.

Hermione

The model was incredibly detailed. Every time it was moved, the stripes on the bridge would change, which intrigued her, because that magic couldn't be accomplished by a student, it was way advanced. Also the type of magic to make something that detailed appear out of thin air doesn't exist. She slipped the model into her bag, and left the courtyard.

She got to her dorm and pulled the model out of her bag, opened one of her dresser drawers, which held spare quills, ink, a few books that aren't needed for classes, such as Hogwarts; a History and Quiddich Throughout the Ages, and extra phials, and put the model on one side of the drawer, then she closed it. She then proceeded to grab her copy of Advanced Potions Making, and left for class. 

Loki

Loki had trouble sleeping. He didn't quite know why, he assumed it may have been something he ate earlier, or the moon shining straight into his window, making his room extremely bright. It didn't really matter, he was wide awake. I may as well check up on Hermione, he thought. He got out of bed, and went to the Mirror. He searched for Hermione. He found her in common room, with her Norse Mythology book and the model he made earlier that day. The book was flipped to a page with the map of Asgard on it; which wasn't anything like actual Asgard. 

"Now what on earth is this bridge?" she muttered to herself.

Loki waved his hand. Gold dust started spinning upward from the bridge, about 3 inches above. When the dust settled, a golden label had appeared, reading Bifrost Bridge: Interstellar portal which allows instantaneous travel to any of the Nine Realms and the planets beyond

Hermione seemed fascinated by the magic he was using. Carefully, she placed her hand underneath the label and lifted her hand, and the label floated above it. She moved her hand again, and the label zoomed back to its original position. She lifted it again, and with the other hand, grabbed the corner of the label and pulled. The label enlarged, making it easier to read. She read the label out loud, then moved her hand, and the label sprung back to its original position. She pushed the label down, flattening it into the bridge, and was still easy to read. She ran her pointer finger over the letters, lifted her hand straight up, and the label zoomed above the bridge. She reflattened it into the bridge, closed the book, grabbed both and went up the stairs to her dorm. 

Loki, feeling satisfied with his help, walked over to his bed, and laid down, and fell asleep. He then thought since she couldn't sleep, neither could he, but that seemed too weird and unlikely, so he dismissed the thought.