Chapter 4 - Writing to you

Fair warning: This chapter gets slightly smutty halfway through. Not much bad stuff described, but still I thought I should warn you. You may wonder why I put it in; it's the first little "step" towards the romance part of the story. Enjoy!

Hermione

It had been a week since Loki saved Hermione. Since then, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle haven't made fun of her, or spoken to her matter of fact. And it was glorious. Whenever she saw them, they would back up as far as they could. They were scared of her. And she loved it.

She had told Harry, Ginny, and Ron about Loki in the commons. She described him in great detail, the eyes, how his hair was slicked back, how talk he was (she said about 6'), and how he read her like an open book.

"He sounds cool," said Harry.

"I don't buy it," Ron said. "He probably works with Voldemort and was set up to tear you apart. Don't trust him, 'Mione."

"Ronald!" She scolded. "Don't talk about him like that! Besides, what Death Eater would attack the sons of 3 of their own?"

"They would do anything to get to Harry."

Suddenly a thin, rainbow tube shot down from the ceiling. And just as fast as it appeared, it disappeared. A green and black leather book. She opened it.

"What's in it?" Asked Ron.

"Nothing," she replied. But then, words started appearing.

Hello, Hermione 

"It's Loki!" she exclaimed.

"Write back!" said Ginny.

Hermione ran up to her dorm, grabbed her quill and some ink, and ran back down to the sofa. She dipped her quill in the ink and started writing.

Hi Loki!

How are you?

Good, and you?

Decent. How's school? Are those three Slytherins bothering you?

School's good. And no, they're actually scared of me now. How's Asgard?

Never better. What are you up to now?

Hanging around the commons with Harry, Ron, and Ron's sister Ginny. And you?

I'm in my room, not making a noise, pretending not to exist

Sounds lovely

"Ginny! Can you stop staring over my shoulder?"

"Sorry! Come on guys, let's give her some privacy." Ginny replied.

"No, it's fine, I'll just be upstairs," Hermione said, picking up her things and going upstairs. She set her ink on top of the dresser, and looked back at the book.

I assure you, I'd rather be talking to you than Sif, one of my friends. She'll ask so many questions about you and it will make me uncomfortable.

Thank you. Hey I have to go to sleep. Good night , Loki

Good night, Hermione. I'll write you in the morning.