My heart knows it all

I couldn't refrain myself from thinking about the genial meeting.

His face kept flashing. His voice reveberating in my head.

I reprimanded myself for behaving like a bonehead.

To my utter surprise I received a text from him "It was really nice meeting you. Looking forward to our next cup of coffee. You are really a nice girl Megan."

This sent my pulse into a frenzy of activity.

It really showed his entrancing and affable streak.

Though I hardly knew this guy, my heart asked me not to be callous. I wanted to know more and more about him, see his face everyday.

Since then we met two to three times and I was totally besotted with him.

It was february, month for my college festival and thought of inviting him for a spiffing concert. He agreed to come.

Later that evening, half an hour had gone by since the band started playing. I tried calling him several times but I only got to hear the busy tone, which i felt was a little scurrilous.

Finally my phone rang. It was him.

"Hey Megan, I am sorry to keep you waiting. I am stuck in traffic but will make it in fifteen minutes. I want a favor from you" he was apologetic.

"Yes Brad, tell me."

"Can you arrange for one more ticket for the concert. I wanna bring a friend of mine. I had plans with her today and I had totally forgotten about it....so I just invited her for the concert." he said in a jiffy.

My heart sank. Whose this girl he is talking about. I tried not to show my emotion in my voice.

"Ya sure, I can do that. I ll see you and your....frriendd in 15 minutes.". My voice wavered.

I composed myself and decided not to jump the gun and wait for them.

They finally arrived...together. The girl was quite attractive with porcelain, flawless skin and sharp features. She was wearing an off shoulder top which was a little too tight. Overall she looked intriguing.

I felt jealous. I saw them coming towards me. The girl seemed quite close to Brad.

"Nice to meet you Megan. It's really sweet of you to arrange for a ticket at the last minute." She said in her heavy Asian accent.

"Please don't mention. It's nothing". I said in a friendly tone.

"You two please enjoy yourselves. I ll be right back". I left hastily.

I dont know why I wasnt able to control my emotions. It was really fatuous of me.

I looked at them. They looked quite comfortable with each other.