Heart Ache

They were swaying together in the same rhythm.

"Megan. For god's sake stop oggling them. And don't show Brad that you are upset. Let him think that you are completely fine and give them space. He is not your boyfriend". Dorah said stressing on the last sentence.

Its time to introduce my best friend Dorah who at present wasn't looking very happy. She found it impertinent from Brad's side to bring that girl when Brad and I were supposed to spend time together. She knew how enchanted I was by him. And she could make out from my demeanour that I hadn't taken it very well.

Dorah gave me a pat on my head to snap me out of my state of mind.

"Aoouuuch. Thanks for the update Dorah but I really don't care about them. I am letting them have a good time. I am not upset". My voice trailed off as I saw Brad approaching me.

"Hey Megan, I am looking for you everywhere. Where in the world are you? Btw I guess she is your friend. Hii I am Brad"..he said excitedly.

"Hii I am Dorah. Nice to meet you. Hope you are having a good time."

"Actually I am not. Megan doesn't want my company for the evening" he said in an anxious tone.

"Errr. Its not like that Brad. I was just helping Dorah with the arrangements. Hope you and your friend are having a good time. I am sorry I didnt catch her name." I explained.

"Hey Megan. My name is Simran." I didn't see her coming so I was caught off guard.

Simran hugged me from behind. "She is so sweet. I like her." She said in an informal tone.

We all smiled.

Brad and Dorah went to take a look at the tattoo kiosk.

"So are you guys dating?" I asked Simran sheepishly, though I didn intend to ask anything like this.

"Mmmmm you can say that" she said laughing.
My face was drained out of blood.
I tried to keep myself calm but clearly it wasn't working.
I excused myself to drink some water.

Why did he keep me in dark about his dating life......I was affronted by the revelation.

But I decided to take heart when I saw Brad coming towards me. He told me that Simran has to go somewhere and he will just see her off and come back.

While he was gone I couldn't stop myself from picturing them kissing and hugging.

Any which way, why would he date a girl like me when he can get any girl. I was expecting too much.

Brad came back after a good 20 minutes. I was really very upset. Asking him about what Simran said, didn't seem right at that time. We talked for a bit and again he insisted on dropping me home but I told him that he need not do that coz I would be going with Dorah to her place. I tried not to sound cold.

His lips twitched but he kept quite. I got a queer feeling that he seemed upset about not dropping me home.

Next day everything around me felt sombre, I didnt feel like eating nor did I feel like doing anything. I picked up my phone to call him but I stopped each time as visions of Simran and Brad kissing surfaced.

But in the evening I was startled by his call.

"Megan how are you? He seemed worried and I dont know why.

************************************************************************************************
Hello guys,

Hope you enjoyed the story so far. The chapters are short but I promise i ll be writing more in the coming days. Do give your feedback and comments.
And dont forget to vote. Will be updating a new chapter very soon. Thank you so much for the support....because of you guys I am enjoying my journey as a writer.

Lots of love and hugs.
Sneha