Sierra

"Do you have like AIDS or something?"

Nearly dropping the burrito my nanny had packed me for lunch, I let my eyes wander up to the cocky looking boy stood in front of me.

I tried to remember his name. Ross rang a bell but he also looked like one of the fourteen Adams.

"Do you?" He pressed.

"Do I what?" I questioned.

"Do you have AIDS?" he repeated.

"Um no." I said slowly.

"Then why are you always sitting alone?" He asked sitting down across from me, his icy blue eyes locked on my chest.

Glancing down at myself, I buttoned the top button on my sweater.

"What was that?" He demanded, "You have the best tits in tenth grade."

I was flattered but mostly disgusted.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

"Have lunch with me." He commanded, gesturing to his regular table.

Setting down my burrito I wiped my fingertips on my skirt and shook my head.

"Why not?" He pressed.

I shrugged, "I don't want to."

"Can I get your number at least?"

Chewing my lower lip I hesitated.

I didn't want to give him my number, but on the other hand, nobody ever wanted my number.

"Ross nobody wants to send you nudes. Get out of her face." A voice said from behind me.

Startled, I turned to find Olivia stood behind me.

"Who asked you?" Ross laughed, "You're just butt hurt nobody wants your nudes."

"I wouldn't give them if they did." She replied.

"Why not? Are you a dyke like your Moms?"

The next thing I knew Ross was lying on the ground and Olivia's small muscular body was stood over him.

"Olivia." I breathed, very aware that every eye in the cafeteria was trained on her.

"I'm going to eat in the library." she muttered, starting towards the door, "You can come Sierra... if you want."

I looked down at my food, then at Ross, then at all the people watching with baited breath to see where I would go.

Glancing back at Olivia and finding her almost to the door I hastily picked up my lunch and ran after her.

I could tell she had known I'd follow.

She was waiting for me in the hall.

"Thank you." I said awkwardly, "I dint know how to tell him no."

"Don't mention it." she answers, tucking her hair behind her ear, "What are stand partners for?"