Chapter four:What Did I Do To Get You

Kagura went home.There was no one there. But that was normal. Her brother would be at work while her father would bring her mother to the hospital. She found the leftover dinner in the fridge. She saved it for later.She went out again. She then took the basket made of straws from beside the house.She collected apples from around the forest. Her father would usually bring them to the market to be sold.She then went home and kept the basket at the edge. She went into her bedroom. There was two single beds,a cupboard, a rug and a wooden table at the middle. She jumped into the bed at her left and fell asleep after a few minutes. She only woke up when she heard the front door open. She went out of her room and found her father sitting on the wooden chair.He looked worried.She went to him, kneeled and rested her hands on his knees. "What happen, papa?" She asked him."Nothing "he turned away.Kagura looked around." Papa,where's mama?"she asked again. "She was admitted in the hospital. She needs to go through an operation. But..." He paused. "Papa,but what?" She asked him in worried tune.He didn't answer. "But what, papa?" She asked again, louder."But the operation's payment is 10,000!"he shouted, his head in his hands.Kagura got shocked. "T-ten thousand?"." I can't help your mother,my...my wife!"he shouted. "I can't even help myself!" He added. Kagura sat on the ground in front of him."Tell me,is this where you give it all up?"she asked. "Papa,mama used to tell me.When those millions of stars gather on top of you,god sends you an angel"."The most brightest, kindest and the best angel he has"she added." You still believe in angels?!Kagura,you were right! Angels are just-"Kagura put a hand on her father's mouth before he could complete the sentence. "No,papa.You were right. We don't believe in what we don't see.But sometimes, the things we don't see are just out of the view. Isn't that true, papa?" She asked,hugging him.He hugged her back."Yes,true"he answered. The front door opened. It was her brother. She explained everything to him."No,dad.We can't give up now.We'll work and work. But won't let anything happen to mom.I promise "he said to their father." Yes, papa.I have saved some money since the last five years.They're not ten thousand but will help a little "Kagura said while hugging her father. Her father gave a weak smile." I'll work overtime, dad.Just...just believe, dad"her brother rested his hand on his shoulder. "How would i survive without both of you?" He hugged his children. "I don't know what to say.I am so poor i can't even feed my family the three meals of the day..." A tear fell from his eyes."We don't care,papa.At least we have love"Kagura said to him. "Yes,dad.We just need your trust."." What did i do to get you?