the life of a teen; chapter 3

Yet another short chapter - sorry guys!!! I'm sitting listening to three days grace so I'm in a bit of an angst filled mood. Lmao - Enjoy!

Chapter 3

Okay, so I get that Ryan was kind of a jerk back then, but he was under the most unfathomable influence of alcohol. Could I really blame him? He had been nice to me. But could he have just been nice to me because of this? Was this just some entirely cruel dare from his friends or even worse *gulp* Jessica?

It was all too much for me as I sat in Vicky's bedroom. It was very big and very pink. Not really to my tastes, but I didn't mind that at all. I just loved

to get out of my house for a change.

I had realised on the way here, that this really was the best place for me. I had just wanted to crawl under my duvet and cry until all the tears that I had had already been shed. But that wasn't what was best. I had decided not to ell Vicky - it had seemed to private at the time - and I was sticking to my vow of secrecy. I would only tell Vicky if I had another problem with Ryan at school - for example, a gloating Jessica of football team. And as for the football team thinking that I was hot, how could I not tell her?

I grabbed my pyjamas from my bag and went to get changed and brush my teeth in Vicky's bathroom.

Vicky's house was a lot smaller than mine, but I liked that - it made me feel even more normal than I had ever felt. I was considered two different things at the same time. On the one hand, I was the rich girl whose daddy was a very well paid architect and whose mommy was a very rich and beautiful woman. On the other hand, I was considered the little boffin that sat in the corner of her class and got her head down - a complete geek. But how could I be both? Well, I seemed to manage it just fine.

After changing and brushing my teeth - there really wasn't much point, Vicky and I were planning on eating a LOT of chocolate! - I went back into Vicky's bedroom. She sat on her bed, already changed, and holding a pile of CD's.

'So I figured we could put some music on? My mom just announced that she was going to be going out with some friends tonight so we can be as noisy as we want!' she stated somewhat proudly. 'She also left us some money to order a pizza' and to this, I smiled. I loved pizza. It was yummy, warm, melt-in-your-mouth, cheesy goodness. Great, here I am, pondering over the ramifications of pizza!

'Sounds great,' I replied.

Vicky smiled at me before picking up a CD and putting it into the CD player. I sat on Vicky's bed and let out an inaudible sigh as the words of Muse began to fill my ears.

'Are you okay Erin?' Vicky asked me outright. 'You just seem kinda . . . down lately.'

'No, I'm fine' I replied with a quick but convincing little white lie - what could that hurt? I put on the most convincing smile that I could muster and sat perfectly still as Vicky examined me with her eyes, probing for the truth. 'Really, Vicky, I'm fine. But there was something that I wanted to talk to you about actually,' I began, trying to take the attention from my bad mood - and it worked like a treat!

'Really - what is it?' I saw her eyes brighten to a lighter shade of her already sparkling blue eyes. Me and Vicky really did love a good bit of gossip, and now was the perfect time to tell Vicky about what Ryan had said about the dance.

'Well - now don't freak out - but I was talking to Ryan today at school,' I saw her eyes grow wide as a slight smile crept onto her face.

'And?' she prodded me for more information.

'Ryan kind of let it slip that he knew who I was and when I asked him how he knew me, he told me that the football team sometimes talk about me.'

Her eyes grew impossibly wider.

'And - what have they been saying about you? I swear that if that cow Jessica was spreading rumours abo -'

'- no,' I cut her off. 'That's not it. He told me that sometimes the football team talk about me . . . because they think that I am . . . hot!' I blurted out. I couldn't help it. Vicky and I just burst out into laughter of joy.

'You wait until Jessica finds out about this - she is gunna hit the roof!' Vicky exclaimed between gasps and laughter, as she held her sides.

I began to feel my laughter die down and my sides got an unpleasant pain shoot through them and I knew that I had laughed so hard that I had given myself a stitch in my side.

****

Vicky and I ordered pizza - cheese - we are both vegetarian and when it arrived, we sat in Vicky's bed and watched some movie that was on the television. It was a good film, so Vicky and I just sat watching it - totally engrossed in the film.

We chatted, ate, drank pop, listened to music and watched the television.

All in all it had been a good night and I was glad that I had decided to stay here after all. It was turning out to be a good evening.

As I lay in my sleeping bag, I tried to imagine what would have happened in I had said yes t Ryan. I realised that Vicky would have walked straight in on us - how embarrassing would that have been!?!

As I lay there - thinking about Ryan, my favourite music and television shows and all of that other random and errant thought type stuff that entered my mind - I finally drifted off to sleep, feeling comfortable and happy with my decision of declining Ryan. I knew that it would be awkward between Ryan and I now, but just exactly how awkward would it be?

If you liked this and want me to write more, then please leave a comment below and give me a vote. If you don't like it please say why, or tell me how to improve.

All comments welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Xx