Truth or Dare

"I will NOT play truth or dare!" I yell from the bathroom to Scott. The last time I was involved in such an embarrassing game was when I was fourteen, and I don't want to relive it. It wouldn't be the first time when a simple game of truth or dare turned out to be hell. Worst part of it all, my entire middle school class remembers it. Scott keeps knocking on the door and yells at me to come outside. "Stiles, it'll be fun." He begs. Am I in my nightmare? "Why?" I yell back. "Don't be such a buzzkill. Come out of there, you're being ridiculous." Buzzkill? Sorry if I don't want to be embarrassed in front of everyone again. I got plenty of experience from that already.

My name is Stiles Stilinski for god's sake. "Remember freshman year?" I ask him through the door. I hear him sigh in frustration. "That was like two years ago, get over it!" "No!" I hope nobody is hearing this conversation, that'd be embarrassing . Wait, I'm being embarrassing. It's just a game. Gosh, I need to grow up. I take a deep breath and exhale, ignoring Scott's voice. I need to get over this weird fear of truth or dare. I'm a hyperactive gay teenage boy with werewolf friends, I can handle this.

Music is blasting through the house but the bathroom's door and walls silence it so I don't have to yell for Scott to hear. Oh and he's a werewolf so he can hear anything. "Fine." I say silently as I take one last look at myself in the mirror. I look better than usual, which is weird because I haven't even showered today. I'm starting to regret my decision (the fact that I didn't shower and the fact that I'm actually going to play truth or dare again) as I open the door and the music gets loud again. Some drunken dude passes us, almost falling before Scott catches him. The drunken dude thanks him and continues his way down the hall. I hate parties.

Scott pats me on the shoulder as a approval of my decision to join the game. That is what he says to me. "I knew you would make the right choice, my friend." He sees my anxious look and laughs, his breath smells like alcohol. "It'll be fun!" He says and then checks out some girl's ass, clearly drunk enough to not be worried if anyone sees. We make our way upstairs, which takes a while because Scott has to talk to every person on the way. I drag him by his shirt sleeve as we come to the last door in the hallway. "This party is so fun!" He yells in my ear, I feel like punching him. He's annoying as hell when he's drunk.

I open the door and the first thing I see is Derek, sitting on the floor next to Lydia. OH MY GOD. I can't play truth or dare with Derek! He must see the panic in my eyes because he looks at me questionably with his eyebrows furrowed. I try to get a word out but can't say anything. Soon (thank you Lord) Lydia notices me and Scott and screams in excitement. "Finally! Come sit down." she says and gestures to the circle of people gathered on the floor. Lydia, Derek, Jackson, Liam, Kira, Malia and some other people are here. Great. The room is quite big and looks unfinished, it has a few chairs, a table, a couch, two big windows with no curtains and a walk-in-closet that's doors are wide open. I swallow. Scott pulls me onto the floor next to him and is the first one to spin the bottle. So it's like a spin the bottle/truth or dare kind of thing.

I try not to make eye contact with Derek, or anyone, during the first five minutes. My attempt at trying to be invisible fails when Malia says my name. "Stiles, truth or dare?" I look at the bottle and it's pointing at me. "Truth." I say, or more like whisper. "What did you say?" Malia asks. I repeat it, this time a little louder. She takes a minute to think about a question and even asks Lydia for help but she refuses to help. "Ugh, fine. Who do you like?" She finally asks. I look at Derek but realize it was a mistake, now he probably knows I like him. Oh my god. I quickly look away. "Gosh, what are you? Twelve?" I say to Malia and Scott bursts into laughter. She rolls her eyes. "No. Just answer the question." I do like someone, I like Derek. But I would never say it out loud, definitely not in front of my friends.

"Nobody." I say. She rolls her eyes again. "Yeah right. Tell the truth, you chose it." I look at Lydia, then at the rest of the people (except Derek) they all look a little too interested to hear who I have a crush on. Is it because I like dudes? Whatever. "I won't tell you." I finally say. They all gasp (except Derek) in surprise. Is it that big of a deal? It's my turn to roll my eyes. "Tell us!" Scott yells and Malia nods really fast, her eyes wide. This is too weird. "No!" I yell and cover my face with my hands. I can feel Derek's eyes on me. This is humiliating.

The questions go on and on for at least three minutes until Jackson gets mad and tells them to stop. One of the only times I've been grateful of Jackson. After a while, the bottle is pointing at me again. Scott and Kira scream "YES!" and I roll my eyes. "So..." Lydia says, dragging out the so and wiggles her eyebrows. "Truth or dare, Stiles?" If I choose truth, they'll start shooting me with questions so I'll take the other one. "Dare." I hear a few oooooo's and someone whispers "This is going to be good."

Lydia thinks and she looks at me like "Be ready" I'm not. She shushes everyone and says, "Kiss Derek." I swear everyone screamed in excitement and I swear my face just got redder than Satan's skin color. So did Derek's. He tries to say something but doesn't. I want to crawl under the floor and disappear for the next few centuries. But I really want to kiss Derek. Preferably in private, but it is what it is.
"Okay." I say and look at Derek, who's looking at me like I've gone mad. "Wh-what?" He mumbles. I see Malia making an "awwww" face and give her a dirty look.

I look back at Derek whose face is probably even more red than mine. "Do you want to?" I ask him, confidence suddenly taking over my body and mind. I'm gonna blow his mind away. I'm going to kiss him. In front of everyone. Cool. He nods after a moment of silence and every girl in the room, and Scott, squirm like they've just seen their OTP kiss. Derek wants me to kiss him! I swallow and make my way towards him. When I'm so close that our knees are touching, I look at him directly in the eyes, something I've never done before. He has amazing eyes. We're standing on our knees when I move a little closer to him, my lips now only a few inches away from his. His breath smells a little like alcohol and his cheeks are full of color. The room is completely silent except music is playing from downstairs.

I lick my lips and put my hand on his neck and the other on his cheek. Then I kiss him. First I kiss him slowly but when he starts to kiss me back I go even harder. All my thoughts fade away as fast as the wind. His lips taste like liquor and I kiss him harder. He's kissing me back! Like really kissing, oh my god. His tongue slips into my mouth and all the butterflies who apparently live in my stomach go crazy like there's been an explosion. He wraps his fingers in my hair. I try to hold back my moan but fail. I hear a cough and stop.

Holy shit, I totally forgot that there's like ten people in this room. I just made out with Derek. Best day of my life and I realize that I don't even care that they saw. "I said kiss, not have mouth sex. But that's fine." Lydia says smiling. Scott claps and yells "WOOO!" I laugh and look at Derek, he blushes again and smiles. I want to kiss him again. "Let's get out of here." He whisper to me and takes my hand. "Yeah." I say and we both stand up. I don't care that this looks super obvious. I just want him, now.