Attraction Unfolding

I guess you could say I have a very stupid plan in mind. Stupid, but at the same time, smart as hell. 

I think this one of those moments I'll look back to in a few years and think, "Holy shit, I was stupid" and regret it.

 See the thing is, I wouldn't have to do this if I wasn't so pissed at my parents for being homophobic assholes but since they are and I'm pissed, I have to do this.

 I swallow my doubt and shyness and spit out the words that I've been trying to say for the past few hours, trying to sound way more casual than I actually feel. 

"You wanna be my fake boyfriend a weekend?" Silence. Damn, Stiles. Why you gotta be so damn stupid? 

Derek almost spits out his water but manages to swallow it before looking at me with a look I know for sure isn't understanding. 

"What?" He asks, putting down the water glass onto the coffee table. I shake my head and jump up from the couch. I knew this was a stupid plan, definitely not smart. 

"Nothing." He also gets up from the couch behind me and follows me. "Tell me." "It's a stupid plan, forget it." I say, now walking to the apartment kitchen to refill my water glass. 

My throat is dryer than my sex life. Derek stops walking and leans back against the counter, surveying me with obvious interest. "You know how my parents are trying to 'cure' my gayness?" I ask, a little amusement in my voice.

I fill the glass and take a sip before turning around to look at Derek. His eyebrows are furrowed and he's looking at me, shocked. "No." He says slowly. 

"Well, they do. And ever since I came out, they've been all over my case and I need them to back off. So I need someone to pretend to date me when I'm visiting them next week. A dude. I feel like if I show up with a boyfriend, they'll freak out and hopefully leave me alone." I say, hop on top of the counter top behind me and try not to sound like I'm too in love.

Because I'm in love with Derek Hale and I need him to pretend to date me. 

He's looking at me weirdly, somewhat amused. The corner of his mouth is turning up, he's smirking. 

"You think that'll work?" He asks. "Yes." I say, a little too fast. 

I want him to come with me. I want him. I've wanted him for as long as I can remember. I also want to rub my gayness in my parents eyes as a extra fuck you. And what a better opportunity to do so than a dinner with my family and my fake boyfriend. 

"And you want me to be that boyfriend?" His words stuck me heavy, it takes all I have to hide my excitement, feelings, how my cheeks blushed and how my body just reacted to his words. 

Suddenly I'm happy that the only light in the room is coming from the lamp above the oven and the open door to the living room. 

I try to keep my face flat even though his little smirk is killing me. "Fake boyfriend." I say, lying my ass off. Not fake, real. Fucking real.

Derek is now smiling with his teeth, fuck. I can't help but smile myself. 

"Okay, but don't come complaining when you fall in love with me." I feel myself stop breathing. 

I already am.

His words are like heavy rocks thrown at me. "Don't worry." I let out the most fake laugh I've ever heard.

I bet he sees right through me, I bet he already knows. His big smile fades but it's quickly replaced by a warmer one. 

His eyes are staring into mine more intensely than I'm prepared to be stared at. I try my best not to look away.