Slipping Away ❤

||You Were Everything To Me||

Chapter-18

**Arjun's P.O.V**

"Arjun. Putt ena time lagda ae paani peen nu?(Arjun. Does it take so long to drink a glass of water ? )"I heard Dad  speaking from the hall.

"Aaya papa(Coming Papa) "I said and then heard sound of giggling coming from the hall.

"I want to talk about something important. Meet me at the lake today. 11 am sharp. I have to leave right now. Otherwise he will take my class here only. "I said to her and she just nodded.

"Ptani ki hoya ae tainu. Gaa waang mundi hilaayi jaandi ae bss. Time naal aa jawin( I don't know what happened to you. You are nodding just like a cow. Come on time.  )"I said and left the kitchen to join dad and her parents.

After five minutes, she came with tea and we just chit chatted while having our morning tea.

She was still sitting like a silent bee. "Hun je ehne edan karya main buthi tod deni ae ehdi( If she will behave like this now, I will smack her face)"I mumbled to myself which didn't go unheard by dad.

"Kihdi buthi todni ae?( Whose face you are planning to smack ? )He asked me.

"hain!! Ki? Chalna ni ghare. Late hogya ae(What ? Don't you want to go home ? We are late. "And I changed the topic.

Why the hell she don't understand that I don't like her silent. She looks beautiful in her cheerful avtaar. She knows she is the only friend I have.

We as in me and dad left her home at 7:30. And I was desperately waiting for clock to show 11. I have so much to tell. I need to share so much with her and then I have to ask her about her this strange behavior. What has happened to her !

********
"Kithe reh gayi !!( Where is she ! )"Arjun was talking to himself and moving in to and fro motion, waiting for Kudrat.

"I am sorry. Was stuck in the traffic." Kudrat said catching her breath as she climbed the stairs hurriedly.

"Finally tuc aa hi gaye. Kadon da wait kari jaana main( Finally you are here. I am waiting for since long. )"He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Sorry"Kudrat again appologized in a very low tone.

Arjun held her right shoulder and made her sit on the bench.

"Pehla ta eh dss tainu hoya ki ae?(First of all you tell me - what happened to you ? )"He asked her while staring at her face.

Kudrat felt his gaze and her heartbeat increased.

"Why he is doing this? Why he is making it difficult for me!!"Kudrat asked herself.

"What I am supposed to say to him? "Kudrat was still playing KBC with herself when he shook her.

"Kuch v taan ni( Nothing)"Kudrat said looking at lake which was dangerously calm in the summer noon.

There was pin drop silence and very few people were around.

"Meriyan akhan ch dekh ke bol(Look into my eyes and say it again. )"She heard him and her heartbeat increased yet again which was already at high pace.

She was already having difficult time around him and now he was asking her to look into his eyes.

She didn't trust herself with this. She knew she would lose control over her emotions once she would look into his eyes. That was why she was avoiding him since morning.

"But what is Arjun's fault in all this. I am his best friend. He wants to see me happy and wants to share things with me and here I am ignoring him. Kudrat this is not fair. Your love is not above your friendship. You can't do this injustice to him"She talked to herself mentally.