December 1st

"Yay! It's Christmas!" I shouted as I ran down the stairs. "Well not quite yet, Alvin. There are still 25 days left, 24 not counting today," said my brother, Simon, as he was walking down the stairs behind me. "Yeah, yeah Mr. Technical. Aren't you excited for Christmas?!" "Of course I am! But when I hear an incorrect fact, I correct it." Just as I was about to respond, my younger brother, Theodore, rushed down the stairs, "Christmas! Yay!" Out of his excitement, he tripped over the last stair and fell flat on his face. "Theodore!!" Both Simon and I said as we rushed to help him. Theodore lifted his head and sat up, whaling his arms in the air, one in which hit Simon's face. "Oof!" "Ha! That was hilarious Theodore! High five!" I said as I bursted out in laughter and gave Theodore a high five. "Hmpt!" "Why are you so grouchy, Mr. Grinch?" He was suddenly alerted for whatever reason he was acting like such a grouch, "Oh, its um..." He paused, looking nervous, to think of an excuse, "Nothing!" He gave us a nervous smile. I rolled my eyes, "I'm not impressed. What's the real reason?" "I'm serious! It's nothing!" Simon said now weakly laughing nervously. I looked over at Theodore and made eye contact and nodded, as he did too, to cue what I call the... "Flying Tickle Attack!!" We jumped on our wimpy older brother and started tickling him like crazy! He burst out in laughter with his squeaky voice, "Hahaha! Stop! Please! Haha!" "Not until you tell us what's up!" Theodore replied. "Ha! Fine! Haha! I'll tell you!" Simon said as we slowly stopped tickling him. He sat up. "I'm just nervous about... You know..." "Simon, we clearly  don't, just tell us!" "Fine! I'm just nervous about... The..." He mumbled something. "What?" "The mistletoe..." I started laughing loudly, "Ha! Your afraid of the mistletoe? You're kidding, right?" "Uh... Hehe... No..." "Wow Simon, that's pretty low for a smart guy like you. What are you afraid that you'll be caught with Jeanette under it?" His cheeks turned pink, "uh... Funny story uh..." "Ha! This is rich!" "Alvin! Stop!" Just then, Dave walked in. Just my luck. And it was just getting fun! "Come on guys, Let's decorate the tree. And Alvin, stop teasing your brother." "Fine, alright." I said reluctantly, I'm just kidding of course. "Yay!" Both Simon and Theodore said as they ran toward Dave to decorate. I rolled my eyes. Whatever. I can tease Simon later. "Wait for me!" I said as I ran to catch up. Dave had put the tree up. He put a box of decorations in front of us, "ok guys, I put up the tree and I'm leaving the rest to you." "Ok Dave!" We all said at the same time. "I call putting up the star!" I yelled. "Alvin, the star comes last, first we put the rest of the decorations on the tree!" Simon rebuked. "Ugh... But when we get to that point, I get to put up the star!" "Whatever," he said as he started to pull out the long string of lights. "Hey guys, can we invite the Chipettes over to help us?" Theodore said with an eager smile on his face. "The Chipettes?!" I said surprised as Simon went on boringly saying, "It would be nice to have some help with these lights." He was still trying pull out the very long string of lights. Before I could say anything else, guess who waltzed in? "Hey guys!" Eleanor said as she ran in. "We thought you could use some help," Jeanette continued. "Oh no! We can do this all by ourselves! Right guys?" "As if! We're here to help Alvin, and there's nothing you can do about it!" Brittany said as she walked up to me looking cross. Oh no she didn't! "Simon, Theo, you agree with me right?" I turned around hoping to see Simon and Theodore, completely ignoring me. They are too busy hanging around with their lady loves. Bleh. Typical. Brittany went over to the box and quickly turned around to stick her tongue out at me. Ugh who needs her! Nobody can ruin my fun! Then I saw Brittany take the star out of the box. "Hey!!" I shouted as I ran over and snatched the star from Brittany's hands. "I get to put it up!" She snatched it back. "Too late! I call dibs!" "I called it first!" This time she wouldn't let go of it! We were both pulling on it as hard as we could. There's no way I'm letting Brittany take the star! I'm the star putter upper! Not her! Just then Simon took the star from our hands and made us fall on top of each other. "Hey!!" We both yelled. "Not until we at least put up the lights! You know the star doesn't come first!" "Fine..." We both mumbled as we got up. He put the star back in the box. Fine Mr. Smarty Pants! If that's how you want to play it!
Eleanor and Theodore were on a ladder, starting the lights from the top. Simon was near the bottom as Jeanette approached him. "Can I help?" She said in a soft voice. "S-sure." My lame brother answered. Their cheeks were as pink as possible. My bro and his lover. Ha! And he's so nervous! This is so funny to watch. Wait a minute! I've got an idea to prank him! I jumped up and started hanging on the string of lights. "Hey!" Theodore and Eleanor exclaimed. As soon as Brittany could say, "what are you doing?" I wrapped the lights around the tree, including my brother, Simon and his lover, Jeanette. They were stuck together and couldn't move. I jumped down as I reached the bottom of the tree and laughed in front of them, watching them then red of embarrassment. "Whoops, sorry!" I said sarcastically as I was dying of laughter. This is rich! As I was laughing, I heard another sound of laughter. I looked up to see that it wasn't Theodore of Eleanor. Then, I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder. "Haha! That was great Alvin! Nice one!" It was Brittany. She seemed to enjoy my prank as much as I did. "Why thank you!" I said in a funny way as we both started laughing. Maybe we have more in common than I thought. Jeanette was blushing but she stayed silent. Simon on the other hand, was blushing harder than she was as he finally burst out, "ALVINNN!!" This time, Theo and Ellie were laughing along too. This was enough decorating for today. My sides hurt from laughing!