December 2nd

"Woah ho ho! Time to put up something else from the box of Christmas decorations!" I said as I put my hand inside the box, felt  something, and grabbed it. "Hmm what's this?" I took it out of the box. "Mistletoe? Ew! Wait a minute... Didn't Simon say something about this?" Ooo I have an idea!! This is gonna knock his socks off! I have to hang up some mistletoe for my dear brother of mine! He's such a chicken. This will help him out! I took a ladder and put up some mistletoe in different places around the ceiling, even the places he probably wouldn't go. This was going to be great! I can't wait till Christmas day where I know Simon and Jeanette will be together and I'll somehow figure out a way to get them to both stand directly under one and then the pressure will be on and... Smooch! And Simon and Jeanette kiss here and blah blah blah love story and hilarious and "Perfect!! This is going to be great!" I said awfully louder than I expected. "What's going to be great?" Someone had said, frightening me and making me fall off the ladder and thud to the floor. Who could be here to interrupt me?? Simon, Theodore, Jeanette and Eleanor were out and Dave was working on something upstairs. That only leaves... "Brittany?!" I said as I looked up to see that I was at her feet. I sat up. "What are you doing here?" "Well, for your information, I didn't have anywhere to go and it was getting lonely in the tree house all alone so I decided to drop by and see what you were up to. By the way, what are you up to?" "I could ask you the same thing!" She rolled her eyes, "You just did." "Oh yeah..." How does she always prove me wrong? "So are you going to tell me or what?!" She said crossing her arms, waiting for an answer. "Fine, fine! I'll tell you! But only because you insist!" She rolled her eyes once more, "get on with it". I stood up. "Well, have you noticed... You know, Simon and Jeanette?" "Uh yeah." "Well Simon's afraid to be caught under the mistletoe with Jeanette and-" She interrupted me and burst out, "HE IS?!" "Let me finish!! Before I was rudely interrupted, I was about to explain how I happened to be looking through the box of decorations to find something to put up and then I found the mistletoe by total, 100% coincidence and I decided, hey! Why not play a prank on Simon?" "Didn't you already play a prank on him yesterday?" "Yes, but why not do it again?" "Good point." "You think so? Wait so what do you think of my prank?" I said eagerly waiting to hear her opinion. Since when did I care about her opinion? I don't know but don't ask me cause I'm about to hear Brittany's opinion! "I like the way you think. Your plan is great! It's almost foolproof!" I was surprised to hear this and not to forget to mention that she was smiling while saying this. Wait. "What do you mean by almost foolproof?" She looked at me like I'm an idiot in that charming way she does. I probably am an idiot though so I can't blame her. "Well, did you think of just how to get them to not notice the mistletoe above them and even if they do, they'll avoid them?" Hearing what Brittany just said, we both just noticed something. We reluctantly looked up and guess what we see? It was mistletoe. Of course there was mistletoe above us! I was on the ladder putting one up when Brittany scared me and I fell down in front of her feet! Im so stupid! Then again Simon's the smart one. We then looked back at each other, nervously. "Well Brittany, we seem to be caught under the mistletoe and we even knew about it so I doubt Simon will avoid it." "Understood..." She said in a low voice, probably nervous because we happened to be caught under it. "Well it looks like we have to kiss, Brittany!" I can't believe I'm saying this but... This probably won't be so bad! "W-well no one's here to force us to, so d-do we have to?" She was nervous, I can tell. "Come on, Britt! You know the rules! We can't force Simon to follow the rules if we don't." "Since when do you care about rules?" Oh boy! I forgot about that part of me. What is wrong with me? Why do I want to kiss Brittany so bad? "Since right now. Besides, you know you want to kiss me anyway!" I'm pretty sure Brittany suddenly wasn't nervous anymore. "WHAT?! No I don't!! Are you kidding?! Me kiss you?! Your insane Alvin! There's something seriously wrong with you!!" "Defensive, are we?" "Defensive?! Who's defensive?!" "Ooo someone's too chicken!!" "Am not!!!" "Bak bk-bk bak!" I imitated a chicken and I'd say I did quite well. "You... You think I'm chicken?!" I waved my arms like a chicken, "Bk Bak!" "I am not chicken!" She yelled and before I could answer, she grabbed me, pulled me towards her and pressed her lips on mine as her arms instinctively wrapped around my neck. The sound of her lips on mine lasted for a few heavenly seconds until she pulled her lips away and left me breathless and in shock. "Woah..." "How was that for a kiss?" I was still in shock and was unaware of my surroundings. "She finally kissed me! The beautiful Brittany kissed me!" "Beautiful?" She said, her arms still around my neck. "Did I just say that? Hehe... I mean-" She cut me off, "Busted!" "Oh yeah!" I put my arms around her, pulled her down along with myself, puckered, and smacked. I then let go of her and spined her around. "Wow..." Now she was in shock. I found myself smiling. The girl of my dreams just kissed me and liked it when I kissed her back. This is a dream come true! "Well see ya later, Brittany!" I said as I started to walk away. She was still in shock and a little dizzy, I might add. "See ya, handsome!" She was about to fall backwards from dizziness, when I ran and caught her. "You really think that about me?" "Maybe..." She said and giggled. Maybe she does like me! This is great!