Chapter Two - Days In The Sun

Sleep is very important, it's the only time we get to experience worlds beyond our imagination. As mostly mechanical beings you would think we don't need it, we get most of our energy from the sun.

Our bones have a protective film that works a lot like a solar panel. The nanobots that repair our outer layer also manage micro sized pockets on our skin, that lets the sun light get to the protective film.

We can also gain energy from eating. Which it is only necessary, if there has been an unusually long low pressure zone in the air. We don't need to sleep regularly. However it can be beneficial to us, it can help the development of our organic brain. If needed sleeping can refresh the system, much like restarting a computer.

Over a night had passed since I had been powered up. The sun gently shone through the green mesh of curtains. It was enough to rise me out of the slumber, but not enough to jolt me out of bed. It was much more comfortable then my awakening yesterday. 

Nearing the end of spring time. Fresh air blew through the window I had left open. Gently swaying the curtains back and forth, twisting and turning. The room itself was filled with a complete mess of toys I had been playing with the other day.

A toy robot I wound up had be laying on his side facing the wall not being able to find its way home. Train tracks were laid out on the ground. Boundless energy had kept the train going all though the night. Waves of soft cuddly plush toys were scattered on the bed, on the floor.

Filled with plastic stars hanging from the ceiling; with a plastic toy rocket flying though the wave of stars. On a belt attached to the ceiling it moved slowly in the same pattern. There was a hint of dust in the air. Like the room had been forgotten about until I came here.

I rouse my feet in the air, quickly pulling myself forward so I was sitting up. Looking at my hand; I turned my hand into a fist. Quickly extending my fingers back to where they were before. Good!

All my joints are in perfect working order, I felt much more unbound as before. Rushing out of bed, Energy levels at maximum. Putting on the brand new clothes that had been left out for me. It was slightly more of a challenge then I had originally anticipated, working on the knowledge of what Icheru had told me last night as he helped me into the pyjamas.

Opening the door to my room, I happened to come across a bird like creature, it was steam lined and walking on two feet, the birds outside where chubbier, smaller than this one. What was an animal doing walking around inside the house? It was holding a myriad of different coloured clothes, lifting it up like it was nothing.

"Good Morning. Master Chrono. Did you sleep? Well"

Are animals supposed to talk? I was very confused. I could not help but stare blankly at it for a while. As I stared at it, it took a peek of my room. Which looked like a bomb had exploded in the toy box. It turned to face me.

"Master Chrono. I will highly, recommend. Cleaning your room. It is two percent. Lower then government guidelines."

What the hell is this thing! It's ordering me around.

A basic robot. It is completely mechanical. As part of a VERY important government hygiene program. Some households, who have busier life styles were given a medium sized robots. In order to help keep hygiene at an excellent level. Basic parts of the robot were given, you could get for upgrades, and customize its look. Out of your pocket. However this robot we nicknamed "peg" since it was customized after a penguin.

Would never do all the house work. I lost count on how many times it had scolded me, with the same programmed in speech about not cleaning my room. It could do basic tasks like dusting, organizing items into a present order. Waxing wooden floors and moving dirty clothes to the washing machine. It could not change the bed sheets, move furniture, or cook.