2

I go to main spaceport in the center of town where I'm sure there'll be plenty of smugglers on break, trading stories, credits, information with one another. Still carrying the weapon in my bag, BB-8 and I do a couple rounds, trying pull useful information put of useless pirates. I go around for what feels like hours,flashing the hilt in people's faces, but no one seems to recognize it. I find the nearby cantina, anxious to try a new crowd. I march straight to the counter and show the patrons my treasure. Same results. They shrug, shake their heads. Sighing, I head to the back of the cantina and occupy an empty table. I take the item out again. It seems so eerily familiar, like something I've heard about before. But, I can't seem to get my finger quite on it. I rummage my memory, going back and farther back. Like looking for a single womp rat on Tatooine, the task seems nearly impossible until the back of my brain tingles, flickers to life with a long lost memory. A teach stands at the front of her class. A group of students listen up her teach, watch the holo as it plays a cheesy drama of brave, fierce men with laser swords, battling storm troopers and crumpling pathetically to the ground. 'They're not real' a voice seems to say. 'They never were'. A, a . . . lightsaber? But, it can't be.

"May I help you?" A concerned voice jerks me out of my reverie and I look up to see a dark skinned man of average height, wearing a tan and red jacket with black pants, an Imperial blaster slung on his back.

"I don't know. I guess that depends on a few things." I eye his weapon again.

"Oh! No, I'm not a storm trooper." He looks away. "Not anymore. Anyway, I was wondering if I could help you with anything. Most people who stare at things like that are looking for something more than just what is."

"Perhaps. My name is Rey. I'm a junk dealer here on Jakku. Do you have a name?"

"Finn. I . . . don't know who I am."

"Neither do I, Finn. May I inquire about an item I found? I'd like to sell it, but I know nothing of it. Would you care to take a look?"

"Of course. Let me see." I hold out the weapon for display and point out the different parts to Finn. "I'm nearly positive it's supposed to be a weapon. It has a retractable blade and cuts through even durasteel. Could you tell me anything about it?"

"I'm sorry, Rey. I don't recognize it. But, I've heard of an odd man who's not from these parts. He visits every so often with the other smugglers. They say he's been around. I suggest going to him. Would you like me to take you there? His ship is just in the docking bay around the corner."

"That would be perfect. Shall we, then?"