Pain

"Everyone! Out here!" I shouted while leading everyone outside. Creepers, spiders, zombies, and all sorts of other monsters were running towards us. I drew out my sword to defend myself, but the monsters just ran past me. "What in the-" I said.

"Don't worry about the monsters, Jesse!" Soren replied. "They're running away!"

"But what we should worry about is what they're running FROM!"

I looked up in the sky. The Witherstorm was looming above us. Axel said, "I think it may have gotten bigger..."

Olivia replied, "It did."

"No time for that! We have what we need to make the Formidi-bomb!" Soren yelled. "The problem is, it'll explode seconds after being crafted. As for the person who'll craft it... Maybe we could draw straws?"

"There's no time for that!" I shouted. "This is my chance to step up... To become a hero." I was stopped by Ellegaard. "Jesse- Take my armor. It will help you." Magnus stepped up and pushed Ellegaard out of the way. "Nah, you should take mine. It'll be a bigger help to you!"

Their words echoed in my head.

Explode seconds after being crafted...

Take my armor.

It'll help you.

I knew that I would die no matter what I did. Yet as a result of this, so many lives would be saved.

"You guys will need it. I'll have no use of armor when I'm dea-"

I cut myself off and ran towards the Witherstorm, clutching the ingredients for the Formidi-bomb.

"You guys build distractions in its path!" I shouted to the others. I placed down the crafting table and pulled out the ingredients.

"Super TNT in the middle, gunpowder around..." I got to work as quickly as possible. I looked behind me and watched the others build. They bought me a little bit of time, but not too much.

I was about to place the last piece of gunpowder, but I was halted when I felt myself being lifted off of the ground. The ingredients of the Formidi-bomb were scattered all over. "No no NO! Not yet!"

I saw the ingredients floating in front of me. I reached out for them and managed to grab them. I quickly reconstructed the Formidi-bomb. I stared at the Witherstorm and kicked the Formidi-bomb towards its mouth.

"THIS IS FOR YOU!"

An ear-shattering explosion echoed through the area as everything faded to white.

--------------------

After a long silence, everyone slowly stood up. "Is everyone alright?" Olivia asked.

"I've been worse..." Lukas said. Petra didn't say anything, but she seemed okay. Olivia looked over at the Witherstorm, which was dead and ripped apart on the ground. "I can't believe it's actually dead! We did it!" She cheered.

"Uh, I hate to rain on your parade, but where's Jesse?" Axel said. "I don't know..." Lukas replied. "I last saw her launching the Formidi-bomb at the Witherstorm."

Lukas turned around and saw people walking away from the Witherstorm's carcass. "The people that the Witherstorm devoured... They're not actually dead!" He exclaimed. Petra weakly said, "We'll look for Jesse. Lukas, you should go and help any survivors that might be trapped." Lukas nodded and got to work.

"There are people who can help you over there! You're gonna be fine!" Lukas said as he lifted a tentacle off of a survivor. "Thank you..." The survivor weakly replied.

Lukas progressed deeper into the chaos and continued to help the remaining survivors. He only had one more to go, and they were near the center of the body. As he ran closer to the survivor, he began to realize who it was.

It was Jesse.

Her body was battered and stained with blood.

"JESSE!" Lukas shouted while running over to Jesse. He lifted up her body and softly said, "Are you alright?! Please be okay!"

Jesse slowly opened up her eyes. "Lukas...? Did we do it? Did we kill the Witherstorm?"

Lukas's eyes welled up with tears as he replied, "Yes. Yes, we did..." He held her close and embraced her. "Hang on, Jesse. You're gonna be alright. I'll take you somewhere safe."

"Guys! I found Jesse!" Lukas shouted while carrying Jesse out of the chaos. "Is she okay?" Olivia asked. Petra replied, "Does she LOOK like she's okay?!"

Lukas set her down and said, "We did it, Jesse. The Witherstorm is dead, and everyone is safe... At least for now..." Jesse smiled weakly. "I'm so glad... That I was able to help..."

Lukas softly said, "I'm so happy that you're alive, Jesse. If you died... I don't know what we would do without you." Lukas held her closer. Jesse replied, "Thank you..."

Jesse's eyes widened. "No... The Command Block!" Lukas turned his head and saw the Command Block, completely intact. "The Formidi-bomb should have destroyed it... But it looks fine!" Jesse cried.

Lukas and Jesse watched in horror as the Command Block was sucked back into the Witherstorm's carcass. The Witherstorm arose, alive, but in three separate parts. "LUKAS! JESSE! YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THERE!" Petra shouted as she ran towards the others, already beginning to flee from the reborn Witherstorm.

"O-okay!" Lukas replied. "Jesse, we have to get out of here! We have to go someplace safe!" Jesse's eyelids were heavy, and her breathing was labored. "Lukas... I'm tired. Can I just rest here... For a moment?"

"Jesse...? No... You can't! We need to get out of here, NOW!" Lukas shouted, his eyes overflowing with tears. Jesse weakly replied, "Go with the others... You'll be safe."

"No! Just hang on for a little longer! PLEASE!" Lukas yelled. He pulled her closer. Jesse leaned her head toward his ear and whispered, "Thanks... For everything."

Jesse's body went limp and her breathing came to a halt. Her lips curved into a small smile as her eyes slowly closed.

"No... No... NO! Jesse! Open your eyes! PLEASE! ...JESSE!!!!"

---YOU DIED---
Tap to Restart