XIII

I reached for the handle, turning it and opening the door.

"Hello Mel--h-holy shit." Niall stuttered, looking me up and down. "You look absolutely stunning," his jaw hung open.

I don't look good.. I look shitty, just better than normal.

"T-thank you, you clean up quite nice yourself." He was in a classic black and white suit and, to quote my late grandma when I asked about her wedding day, 'He looked pretty damn sharp if you ask me.'

I was blushing beet red, and now Niall was too.

"Alright is this going to be awkward or are you guys gonna leave?" Alyssa cut in, causing is to laugh, slightly releasing the tension, which you could still cut with a knife.

"That's probably a good idea," Niall scratched the back of his neck, then extended his arm out for me to take. I intertwined my with his, and yelled "Bye Al Pacino!" Shutting the door.

"So, uh, where are we going?"

"You'll see, Melanie." He smiled, turning and meeting my eyes. "You look beautiful, by the way."

"You said that.." I giggled.

"No, I said you looked absolutely stunning first, now I'm saying you look beautiful."

"Yeah but--ugh same difference."

"THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE AT ALL!"

"It makes sense to me."

At that point, we had made it out of the Waldorf and at the door of the limo. The limo.. What the hell?! "Whatever, let's get to dinner I'm starving." He says, chuckling at my stubbornness and slipping into the car casually, as if he did this every day. I stood, gawking for a moment. "You coming?" He asked, I replied my nodding apologetically and blushing, jumping in the car.

For the most part, we listened to the radio. We were on a station that played things like Fall Out Boy and Nirvana, two bands I loved.

The song 'goner' by twenty øne pilots came on as we pulled on to the Brooklyn Bridge--I had never been on a bridge before, and this is absolutely terrifying; being up so high, with barely anything but concrete and pillars holding you up. How the hell is this safe?

My breath hitched and my face turned red. I was holding my breath, praying that we'd get safely across the bridge. I tensed, and Niall grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together.

Just friends. Just friends.. Just friends...? I kept mumbling the same damn words over and over in my hand. Maybe I don't want just friends...

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just scared. This bridge is r-really high u-up.." I stuttered, lowering my head to hide my face. He raised my chin with his forefinger, looking in my eyes.

"It's okay to be scared.. You don't have to be embarrassed. Fear is a natural thing! Plus, you're adorable when your scared." This only caused me to blush more.

"Sorry. I've n-never been on a bridge for a af before.." I mumbled quietly.

His eyes widened. "Never? Really?" He inquired, I nod, he gasps, I chuckle, he does as well.

We pull off the bridge and I realize that Niall distracted me from being scared. He actually managed to make me forget my fear.

Once we're off the bridge, we take a right, arriving at a restaurant. It was beautiful--the front was completely windows, as was every other side, the sign was lit up bright-The River Café, written in cursive-and standing out next to the falling sun. "Wow." I croaked out, earning a slight chuckle from Niall, who grabbed my arm and took me inside.