XXI

I sat in silence, alone, left with only my thoughts.

My phone sat aside me, yelling, screaming at me give up, he's not going to answer.

I've been sat here for days. Literally, days. I haven't done anything other than wait for a message. I'm anxious for a reply, even just a word. Anything is better than the deafening sound of silence.

I ponder, my thoughts echoing in the emptiness of my mind.

What if he hates me? Yeah, that's it. Or what if he's sick? What if it's his birthday and I missed it so he's mad? What if he hates me?

My attempts to push the thoughts out of my brain failed.

I almost scream as a buzz from my phone breaks the silence; thank god.

From: Luke.

To: me

K.

At first, I was ecstatic, until 'K.' 'K'?! Are  you kidding me? I sat in my bed for days, tearing myself apart piece by piece, waiting for him to answer, and all I get is 'K'?

Frustrated, I typed a reply, trying to sound as calm as possible.

From: me

To: Luke.

How about we meet at the Waldorf.. Where we first met? I feel like we should start all over. :)

From: Luke.

To: me

K. 3? tmrw?

K. That godforsaken K.

Obviously, I didn't deny it. I said yes, and, though I breathed a sigh of relief, I had a feeling something was up. He wasn't acting normal, I could tell simply through his texts that he was different. How can someone change in a day?

•••

I stepped to the door of the Waldorf as my heart rate started rising. I wanted to see him, but I was scared. I rested my hand on the door, hesitantly opening it and stepping inside. I was greeted by the same feelings as the first time I came here, awe.

I look around, eventually spotting Luke. He was looking at his phone. His hair wasn't as gravity defying, it was hanging in his face, and he had gotten it cut.

I sprinted over to him, pulling him in to a hug. 

"I'm so sorry, Luke, I need to explain."

He didn't hug me back, just stood there, kind of awkwardly.

"Um.. Yeah."

I backed away. "Are you okay?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You.." I paused, "You're acting strange. You aren't being 'you.'"

He rolled his eyes, and a girl with long, curly black hair came up behind him. She placed her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Babe, who's this?"

Babe?

"This.. is.. um, Melanie." He replied, turning and kissing her on the lips.

I swear I almost vomited.

"Luke.. Who's this?" I tried to sound as polite as possible.

"I'm Arzaylea, Luke's girlfriend." She flipped her hair behind her shoulder before shaking my hand. Michael then walked up, handing Luke a water. 

"Oh, hey Mel! Didn't know you'd be here."

Under her breath, Arzaylea muttered a "I wasn't quite informed either."

"Luke, can I talk to you?"

He shot me an evil eye.

"Why? If you have something to say to me, say it to everyone."

"Luke.. Seriously.. It's important." At this point, Arzaylea had migrated from the conversation to her phone. Luke's phone buzzed, and I read what it said before he slipped it back in his pocket.

From: Arz♡

To: me(Luke)

why are we still talking to this bitch? she looks like a slut.

I felt tears sting the back of my eyes.

"I'll leave you two alone.." She says, heading over to the bar.

Michael stood back, not really gone, but not exactly there either.

"What the hell was that?" He yelled. "You could have at least been nice to her."

"As if she was to me?"

"This is why I ignored you. You don't deserve to have people in your life. You don't deserve to be happy. Why don't you just die?"

I had never expected him to say anything like that. I thought we were at least still friends..

"Wh-What?" I say, tears brimming my eyes.

"You heard me. I hate you." He stared at me, completely emotionless. I sprinted out the doors of the Waldorf, not knowing where to go. Tears were streaming down my cheeks, and my breathing was extremely uneven.

I eventually just leaned against one of the pillars outside the Waldorf, as my anxiety was so high that I was hyperventilating and couldn't stand any longer. 

"Melanie?"

I looked up, still trying to regain my breath.

"Mi-Michael?"

"I'm so sorry.. Ever since Luke started dating Arzucchini or whatever the fuck her name is, he's been a jerk. You didn't deserve that."

I turned away. He sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"I did deserve that. I hate myself."

He sighed, "No."

"No what?"

"No. Someone as amazing as you should not say they hate themselves, especially because of Luke."

"I'm sorry."

He hugged me, my sleeves riding up my arms. He noticed my cuts.

I swore under my breath, pulling my sleeves down. "I've gotta go."

I started to stand up, but he pulled me back down. At this point, we were both crying.

"Stop. Shh, don't cry. It's okay. I know how you feel." He pulled up his sleeves, and cuts, closely resembling mine, lined his wrists.

I sobbed.

"You can't go home like this. You need to rest. Come on, you're coming to play video games with me in my room." He helped me stand and walked me in the hotel and up to his room.

(A/N)

YES HEY PLS DONT HATE ME ONCE AGAIN BUT THIS ISNT THE WORST OF IT

IM ALMOST AT 1K READS AND IM DYING BTW

K ILYGSM

GTG

BYE

~ M xx

P.S. NO hate to Arzaylea, I'm not giving my opinion through this chapter, I just needed an antagonist. I'm not claiming she is like this in anyway, I don't know her. For all I know, she could be the sweetest person alive.