Lítost

And I'd choose you;

in a hundred lifetimes,

in a hundred worlds,

in any version of reality,

I'd find you and 

I'd choose you. 

-The Chaos of Stars

"No!"

"You can't take me."

"No! Please no!"

"Don't hurt me, please! NO!"

My thoughts were drowned out and lost in my screams. No matter how hard I fought, they were relentless in keeping me contained. Their hands gripped my arms so tight that I was losing circulation, the cold metal of their gloves bruising as they dug deeper into my skin.

Why.

Why?

Why!

I struggled, kicking ferociously and letting out such powerful screams that my lungs burned and my throat begged for mercy. They were dragging me like a rag doll down a pristine, bleached hallway. There was a bright white light at the end of the dark tunnel lined with bricks that were far too clean. My feet and legs were dragging along the decaying concrete while they simply marched with my limp body in tow. Any struggle I could muster was but a mere annoyance to these monsters.

I cried.

I begged.

I pleaded for my life.

I grabbed for anything I could. Hot tears streamed down my face as I continued to scream, washing away the blood that had caked onto my skin. I could feel my vocal chords stripping down to nothing and my throat going raw.

I tried desperately to get loose somehow, but they simply pushed me down again. I felt like an animal headed for slaughter.

"Let me go! I'm fine! I need to go home. I'm fine! Let me go home. Please!"

"You have to listen to me. I'm. Not. Sick. Please!"

My cries fell on deaf ears, but I refused give up.

The closer we got to the light, the more my blood boiled, my adrenaline spiked, and my anger turned to fury. There was no fear left, only a taste for revenge. I clawed for anything I could grasp, catching only air in my bloodied hands.

My eyes clenched shut as they pulled me into the lighted area, not daring to open at all. It was blinding, bringing me to the edge of oblivion and surrounding me in endless white light.

A hoarse cry of agony escaped from my throat as I came in contact with the ground at full force. They had thrown me to the floor like a slave set for torture.

Loud cracks echoed throughout the room as my body smacked against the floor, and it took me a few seconds to process that it had been my skull and bones smashing against the concrete. I felt my entire body lose its will to fight, instead simply choosing to go weak and collapse in on itself.

My eyes barely fluttered open, catching glimpes of masks and chains and more acid white. Ragged coughs and hacks escaped my body, heaving my sore chest up and down as my bruised form lay lifeless on the cold ground. It took all of my strength just to breathe. My body burned with excruciating pain all over, aching for the suffering to dissipate and the light to take me away.