High School (2 of 2)

Nolan

Highschool 2 of 2

Nolan honestly didn't know how he survived the two weeks of Chrissy not speaking to him. His head was telling him he was to be blamed but then the question became, What did I do?

That's probably what made this whole situation even worse. He had no idea what he did for his best friend not to speak to him for two whole weeks. Chrissy avoided him in the hallways, ignored him in class, and refused to answer Nolan's texts and calls.

He had even reduced hisself to calling Chrissy's dad and asking how Chrissy was doing. The answer became, he just needs some space.

Nolan though that he had space in his bedroom, he'd be glad to have Chrissy accommodate his room and take up as much space as his likes.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" Nolan snapped his head towards Chrissy. His mouth gaped like a fish as he looked at the boy, completely baffled.

"Y-yeah of course." Nolan fumbled through his book bag, disregarding the crumbs from the crisp he had just finished and stuffed inside his bag.

He handed it over with a smile. His heart thumping against his chest. 

"So?"

Chrissy sighed warily. "Nolan, I really don't feel like talking."

Gobsmacked, Nolan couldn't help but feel a bit of his dad's impatient temper shimmer up his spine.

"Seriously, Chrissy. What have I bloody done?" He whispered harshly. "I wasn't the one you caught with another guy. I'm your best friend, why are you doing this?"

Chrissy looked down, wordlessly scribbling in his notebook. Nolan managed to watch heartbreakingly as a tear rolled down the boy's cheek and dropped on the white paper before he shot up out of his seat and asked to be excused to be the bathroom. He rushed out the room without a look back.

Nolan groaned in frustration and sat back in his seat.

***

"No no no no, Noly." Luca shook his head roughly, shaking out his long brown curls as Nolan tried to spoon feed him vegetables.

"Luca, you have to eat or daddy's gonna be mad." Nolan tried coaxing the toddler's mouth open, placing the spoon on Luca's sealed lips.

After Luca nearly threw the spoon down multiple times, Nolan finally gave up. He sighed, placing the food in the sink before lifting the toddler out of his high chair.

"You're eating later, got it, troublemaker?"

Luca just giggled and stuffed his tiny fist in his mouth, babbling nonsense. The kid was almost three and still acted like he was one. Nolan took him towards the little play area designated for the twins and placed him down next to Micah who was concentrated on a puzzle.

Although he loved his brothers with all his heart, sometimes they could be a handful and he pondered how his dad would have dealt with all of them without Harry.  He was officially on babysitting duty tonight though because Harry and his dad had their date night and Xander was at nans.

He had a few homework to do but he would procrastinate until tomorrow probably. He decided for now he'd just watch a movie until his parents came home.